n ik on 17 Apr 2001 23:36:17 -0000

[Nettime-bold] Live Webscast: Ecological Debt & Climate Justice

fwd: live webcast
--
Dear Friends,

Friends or the Earth Australia is hosting a public meeting on Ecological
Debt & Climate Justice. The event will also be a live webcast. We invite
you to tune in to this exciting event. Our guest speakers are:

Ricardo Navarro (El Salvador) Chair, Friends of the Earth, International
Ricardo is often described as "the best known Latin American
Environmentalist" and is one of the founders of the Salvadorian Centre for
Appropriate Technology (CESTA/ FoE El Salvador).

Nnimmo Bassey (Nigeria)
Nnimmo is the chairperson of Environmental Rights Action (ERA/ FoE Nigeria).
He has been at the forefront of the campaign to stop Shell's involvement in
human rights abuses in Nigeria. He is the Chair, Oilwatch Africa and member
of the Steering Committee of Oilwatch International. Oilwatch International
is a Southern network of NGOs and community based organisations committed to
the defence of fragile ecosystems where oil is exploited.

Patrina Dumaru (Fiji)
Patrina is a highly regarded campaigner in the areas of climate change and
the transport of nuclear waste through the South Pacific. She is an
outspoken advocate on issues of ecological debt and ecojustice and widely
recognised
for her insights and leadership in the Asia Pacific region.

The address will be LIVE AUDIO WEBCAST on the FoE Australia site:
http://www.foe.org.au
Day: Wednesday 18th April
Time: 7pm EST (GMT +10)
Audio will also be archived shortly after the event. Check out the site and
take actions against the Australian Government's poor record on climate
justice.

Your opportunity to listen to these truly inspiring speakers, live!

The event is co-hosted by the Community Advocacy Unit, RMIT, Melbourne
Australia.

Please publicise this event through your networks. We thank you for your
consideration.

- FoEA Climate Justice Campaign.