Nmherman on 10 Apr 2001 02:42:26 -0000

[Nettime-bold] Fwd: [Genius2000Conference2000] Cable Access

++

I was just thinking about cable access and why it's such a good thing.
See, AOL/Time Warner bought the cable company here in Minneapolis, and
by law they have to fund the public access station (MTN).  They are also
severely prohibited from censoring the content of public access.  So
even if AOL (which I use) got some trumped-up complaints about me and
took away my net access, they can't touch my cable show.  It's like
having a sheltered retirement account or something.  Who knows, maybe
public access is the wave of the future because it's the one thing the
corporations can't fuck with at all.

Also, Steven Malkmus and the Jicks will be on David Letterman Tuesday
the tenth, and the bassist knows about Genius 2000 so maybe she'll wave
to me.