{ brad brace } on 9 Apr 2001 08:57:48 -0000

[Nettime-bold] Re: questions (fwd)

On Sat, 7 Apr 2001, Josephine Bosma wrote:

> > clearly there are aspects of it that we can't readily discuss. Many people
> > have been following along for years: our exchanges are of course, somewhat
> > different.
>
> that will always be the case. There are many kinds of interviews. With
> my interview you can be sure your work will open up to many people, as a
> lot of people know it as much or less as/then me.

Josephine: I suppose that interviews may have that function. Interest in
the 12hr-project tends to expand mostly from the viewers themselves rather
than depending on (the old artworld's) insular, hierarchical validation
and critically fashionable recommendations. I still find it curious, if
not just plain rude, that I'm recently approached to do interviews by
people who can't be bothered to view the work that they wish to discuss! I
assume, as old institutions and their proponents now decide to come
online, that they bring-along their old incestuous attitudes and presumed
arrogance.

However, I'll answer your initial questions...

I'd appreciate a response to _my question about connections with
microtonal music -- this is an area I'd like to explore in the interview.

/:b

The 12hr-ISBN-JPEG Project                >>>> since 1994 <<<<

+ + +         serial           ftp://ftp.eskimo.com/u/b/bbrace
+ + +      eccentric          ftp://ftp.idiom.com/users/bbrace
+ + +     continuous       ftp://ftp.teleport.com/users/bbrace
+ + +    hypermodern      ftp://ftp.rdrop.com/pub/users/bbrace
+ + +        imagery   ftp://ftp.pacifier.com/pub/users/bbrace

      News://alt.binaries.pictures.12hr ://a.b.p.fine-art.misc
  Reverse Solidus: http://www.teleport.com/~bbrace/bbrace.html
                   http://www.eskimo.com/~bbrace/bbrace.html
           Mirror: http://bbrace.laughingsquid.net/

 { brad brace }   <<<< bbrace@eskimo.com >>>>  ~finger for pgp