ricardo dominguez on 27 Mar 2001 14:07:40 -0000

[Nettime-bold] A Call to Digital Action Against Starbucks and For Franchise Free Zones

A CALL TO DITGITAL ACTION AGAINST STARBUCKS
AND
FOR FRANCHISE FREE ZONES

BY REV. BILLY
OF THE CHURCH OF STOP SHOPPING
AND
THE CYBERZAPATISTAS OF
THE ELECTRONIC DISTURBANCE THEATER

JOIN OUR LOCAL/GLOBAL VR-SITIN

STARTING AT 12 NOON
ON APRIL THE 15TH 2001

TILL MIDNIGHT APRIL 16TH2001
NEW YORK CITY TIME

AGAINST STARBUCKS AND
FOR FRANCHISE FREE ZONES
ALL AROUND THE PLANET.

STOP THE STARBUCKS OF THE WORLD
FROM TAKING YOUR NIEGBORHOOD!

NO MORE STARBUCKS IN THE EAST VILLAGE!
NO STARBUCKS IN WILLIAMSBURG, BROOKLYN!
OUR NIEGBORHOOD IS YOUR NIEGBORHOOD!

YOU CAN DOWNLOAD YOUR VR-SITIN TOOLS

ON APRIL 13th 2001 AT NOON - A GOOD FRIDAY INDEED!

AT:

http://www.revbilly.com/

REMEMBER - THAT'S ON APRIL 13th 2001 AT NOON
NEW YORK CITY TIME.

TO DOWNLOAD YOUR VR-SITIN TOOL

AND THEN JOIN THE VR-SITIN ON APRIL 15TH 2001 STARTING AT NOON!

DO NOT BE AFRAID SISTERS AND BROTHERS
TO DOWNLOAD THIS LITTLE BIT OF HEAVEN!

AND NOW SISTERS AND BROTHERS A WORD FROM REV. BILLY:

Children welcome to the Church of Stop Shopping.

This week we are punishing that Cancer in Earth Tones, Starbucks.
In particular the Starbucks at 2nd Ave. and 9th Street, which is just a
few feet from another Starbucks on 3rd Ave. and 8th Street, which
is just a few feet from another Starbucks in front of Kmart, which right
next to a Barnes and Nobles --that has a Starbucks inside.these are
examples of shops that aren't required to make money.
They just act as loss leaders, attacking owner-run businesses,
financed by funny money from Nasdaq.

Nothing from our neighborhoods ever indicated an interest for an infinity of
Starbucks.

We're declaring a "Franchise Free Zone," from 2nd Ave to Williamburg,
Brooklyn.

We have plenty of great coffee shops between these Logo free zones.

Only a sin-pit of a Starbucks breaks the string of long-time neighborhood
shops.

They will feel THE WRATH OF... OF.. ALL YOU DIGITAL SPRITS!!

FOR THOSE OF YOU WITH THE POWER OF
TELELPORTATION PLEASE JOIN US AT
CHURCH OF STOP STARBUCKS REVIVAL
ON APRIL 15th, 2001.