Nmherman on 25 Feb 2001 19:20:03 -0000

[Nettime-bold] Re: <nettime> Social democrats to the rescue!!! --- yeah, right.

In a message dated 2/25/2001 12:06:31 PM Central Standard Time,
phil.graham@mailbox.uq.edu.au writes:

> If you want to find a thread that runs through all of political economy,
>  whether Marx, Hayek, Keynes, Smith, Schumpeter, or any of the Austrians or
>  the Chicago school or whatever (you seem to make no distinction between
>  "economics" and "political economy"),  you will come up with Aristotle.
>  That's why whenever any "economic system" is rigidified, abstracted from
>  reality, (mathematically) cleansed of internal contradictions, and pushed
>  to its limits, it collapses.

Well said.  My own economic thinking uses the same assessment of Aristotle.
but I don't ever get to talk on nettime so what's the difference!

You can check my work which is archived at Rhizome.org under "Max Herman."
The Thing server (including nettime and thingist) is run by people very
hostile to me, so I never get on.  You might mention it.  I'm sure many other
printable nettimers (Brace, Stahlman, integer, etc.) will attest to the worth
of my ouvre, such as it is.  Other nettimers--Tom Sherman, Rob Murphy, Alan
Sondheim--might say I'm an incompetent jerk.  Most likely if asked to express
an opinion of me they'd say "no comment," "I won't dignify him with an
opinion," something like that.

Happy sunday,

Max Herman
http://www.geocities.com/genius-2000