Ronda Hauben on 19 Feb 2001 03:11:22 -0000

[Nettime-bold] Re: <nettime> Usenet archives sold

"S. Kritikos" <metacode@yahoo.com> wrote:

>I agree with Craig here, the question is whether we can find some
>organization such as FSF or CNRI to support it. Would we care 20 years
>from now whether there are USENET archives widely and frelly available? I
>think so but am not sure how we can go about to make it happen

>One way might be as I suggested off the list is to work with an
>organization such as ISTF.

>Comments welcome

Can you say more what the 3 different organizations you list are
and why you suggest that they might be organizations to work with
on this problem?

Ronda

http://www.columbia.edu/~rh120/other/
http://www.columbia.edu/~hauben/netbook/