Nmherman on 15 Feb 2001 20:50:24 -0000

[Nettime-bold] The George Washington Bush Campaign

++

Dear Adbusters:

A group of us are trying to start an email campaign urging our current
commander in chief to utter the words "I cannot tell a lie" via some
broadcast media so as to emphasize the huge disparity between his own conduct
and the ideals once presented as integral to our nation-state.  Many people
know the perhaps apocryphal story of George Washington's confession and
remorse, but the lesson seems in many ways to have been lost both on the
voting public and the corporate media.

I will be creating a website to coordinate and archive individual emails
requesting comment from the President.  Many creative and motivated people
are involved, so it could develop into a minor internet joke.  Your interest,
express or implied, would be extremely encouraging to us considering the wide
respect you have among many of this project's participants.

In any case, please let me know if you'd care to be kept informed about this
satirical experiment in freedom of information.

Best Regards,

Max Herman
nmherman@aol.com