infozone on 20 Jan 2001 14:32:06 -0000

[Nettime-bold] The stream must go on... > Stuttgarter Filmwinter > real time

14. Stuttgart Filmwinter - Festival for Expanded Media

                      January 18-21, 2001

                      Internet / CD-Rom / Installation / Performance / Video /
Film

                         Please feel free to visit our web site and take part in
the online
                         competion!

                      http://www.filmwinter.de

                      During the festival each there's a different panel about
media culture:

                      XML-Expanded Media Lounge @ 14th Stuttgart Filmwinter

                         The conference about the cultural social, and economical
development of new
                         media

                      | Thursday, January 18

                         Filmhaus Friedrichstr. 23 A
                         Ballroom

                      XML - NetScreen

                         NetScreen deals with developments and possibilities of
Online Film, Web TV,
                         and Streaming Media in the artistic and commercial
sector.

                         In cooperation with the European Coordination of
Filmfestivals, MFG
                         Filmförderung, and Landesanstalt für Kommunikation
Baden-Württemberg

                         11:00   Karin Mohr, Landesanstalt für Kommunikation
Baden-Württemberg
                         "Legal aspects of Online film and Web TV - TV in legally
free domains?"

                        12:00   Net Art Guide des E-Business
                                Innovationszentrum der Fraunhofer Gesellschaft -
präsentiert von Stefan
                        Federspiel
                        Net Art Guide of the e-business innovation centre of the
Fraunhofer
                        Gesellschaft - presented by Stefan Federspiel

                         14:00   EDMN - European Digital Media Network
                         Pilot project of a European media channel - presented by
Alfred Rotert
                         (European Media Art Festival, Osnabrück)

                        15:00   Patrick Boltz, Vicky Tiegelkamp,
                                Playframe, Berlin
                                New entertainment and magazin formats in the wide
band internet

                        16:00   Aaron Koenig, Bitfilm, Hamburg
                                Short Attention Spam
                                Ästhetik und Produktionsbedingungen von
Onlinefilmen
                                Esthetics and production conditions of Online
Films

                        18:00   NetScreen-Roundtable
                                Onlinefilm and festivals
                                Conny Voester, Viper, Basel
                                International Festival of New Film, Split
                                Tom van Vliet, World Wide Video Festival,
Amsterdam
                                Alfred Rotert, EMAF, Osnabrück

                      19:00      Opening of the festival

                      22:00   XML-Party - Les Gammas (Augsburg) & visuals by
annahd (Stuttgart)

                      Freitag, 19. Januar | Friday, January 19

                      XML - Invention> Intervention

                         Invention>Intervention explores the interaction between
culture and
                         e-business. It presents artistic strategies dealing with
e-commerce as well
                         as multi media agencies trying to combine culture and
economy.

                         In cooperation with Heinrich Böll Foundation
Baden-Württemberg, MFG media
                         development, and De:Bug.

                         Filmhaus, Friedrichstr. 23 A
                         Ballroom

                        11:00   Mac Müller, Im Stall, Berlin
                                Buzzword Bullshit Bingo 2001
                                Definitionen und Prinzipien des e-Commerce
                                Definitions and principles of e-Commerce

                        14:00      0100101110101101.0rg, Net activists, Bologna
                                Internet piracy and copyright

                         15:00   Verena Kuni, Mainz
                         Panem @ circenses - artistic agency in a capital arena of
representation

                        16:00   Eric Kluitenberg, Amsterdam
                                Mythologies of the New Economy

                        17:00   Manuel Funk, David Lindermann, Fork, Hamburg,
Multimedia-Agentur:
                                Künstlerischer Anspruch im e-Business
                                Artistic demands in e-Business

                        18:00   Protoplast AG, Basel
                                Imaginary products

                        19:00   Invention> Intervention-Roundtable
                                Moderation: Mercedes Bunz (De:Bug)
                                Eric Kluitenberg (media theorist)
                                David Linderman (CEO Fork)
                                Philippe Cuny (Protoplast AG)
                                Gerd Schwandner (Professor for International
Management and Marketing at

                        the Karlsruhe technical college)
                                Christian Schwarm (CEO AGI)

                      22:00   XML-Party: Klangkrieg/Panacea, Berlin & VJ Safy,
Berlin

                      Samstag, 20. Januar | Saturday, Januar 20

                      XML - Pretty Ugly Privacy

                        Surveillance in an entertainment society. Voluntary and
involuntary
                        surveillance via video and data mining are present
everywhere. Pretty Ugly
                        Privacy creates the relations of image production,
internet and the social
                        framework conditions and asks about the end of privacy.

                      In cooperation with the House of Documentary Film and LIFT
Stuttgart

                         Filmhaus, Friedrichstr. 23 A
                         Ballroom

                        14:00   Jochen Becker, Berlin
                                Because we agree - Leisure time amusement in a
society of observation

                        15:00   Winfried Pauleit, Berlin
                                Video surveillance and postmodern subjects

                        16:00   padeluun, Bielefeld
                                You are nothing - the state is all?

                        17:00   Scanner, London
                                Listening to the Spaces

                         18:00   Podiumsdiskussion / Panel discussion
                         Videoüberwachung in Stuttgart   / Video surveillance in
Stuttgart

                        Moderation: Arne Braun (Lift Stuttgart)
                        Jürgen Beck, City mayor for environment, security, and
order
                        Franz Körner, Deputy agent for the protection of the
privacy of personal
                        data of the State Baden-Württemberg
                        Thomas Oelmayer, Legal expert of the Green party in the
state parliament
                        Padeluun, Artist and media activist, Martin Schairer,
chief constable of
                        Stuttgart

                         22:00   XML-Party: Scanner, London - sponsored by
m.a.r.k. 13
                         Visuals by m.a.r.k. 13 & THE3DE-VJ-Team, Stuttgart

                      Pretty Ugly Privacy - Das Filmprogramm / The film programme

                         Donnerstag, 18. Januar | Thursday, January 18
                         Filmhaus Saal 2 / Filmhaus hall 2
                         18:00   Harun Farocki: Pictures of Prisons

                         | Friday, January 19
                         Filmhaus hall 2
                         Short film programme Surveillance

                         | Saturday, January 20
                         Filmhaus hall 1
                         11:00   Didi Danquart: Der Pannwitzblick

                      | Sunday, January 21

                      XML - VR-Art

                        VR-Art presents the latest tendency in 3D Multiuser
Virtual Reality.
                        Great experts examine the cultural aspects of this
technology, which
                        represents a new potential and an additional dimension for
the internet. The
                        panel closes with the presentation and awards ceremony of
the sound space
                        project.

                      In cooperation with MFG media development and feuersee
software GmbH

                         Filmhaus, Friedrichstr. 23 A
                         Ballroom

                        14:00   Michael G. Wagner, Geometrek, Web3D Consortium,
Wien
                                DeepWave - Visualizing Music through VRML

                        15:00   Kathy Rae Huffman, Hull Time Based Art Centre,
VRML-Art
                                3D Grrls

                        16:00   Nick Polys, VirtuWorlds, Web3D Consortium, New
York
                                The Techniques of Perception in VRML

                      17:00      sound-space - presentation & awards ceremony

                        22:00   XML-Party
                                Thomas Fehlmann & Ocean Club, Berlin & 3D-VJs
Bureau Destruct, Bern