nettime on 11 Jan 2001 02:36:03 -0000

[Nettime-bold] (no subject)

>From nettime@bbs.thing.net  Wed Jan 10 13:29:47 2001
Date: Wed, 10 Jan 2001 23:23:41 +0000
From: Gene Spill <pollen.station@bigpond.com>
To: pollen.station@bigpond.com
Subject: Gene Spill online

Gene Spill, a group exhibition involving the artists:

Stephen Birch
Bronia Iwanczak
Isobel Johnston
Michelle Nikou
Suzanne Treister
Philipa Veitch

which took place at Imperial Slacks Gallery, Sydney, from 16 November -
2 December 2000, is now viewable online:

http://ensemble.va.com.au/genespill

Gene Spill is about our movement towards an age redefined by
biotechnology: it is an investigation into the reconfigured realities
created by genetically modified lifeforms and their interplay within the
complex nexus of our ecosystem and our cultural/social beliefs and
practices. Gene Spill explores the transgression of previous boundaries
for a new taxonomy with different relational strategies in a language of
morphology, mutation and fusion.

*apologies for cross posting*