Perry Bard on 20 Dec 2000 16:09:14 -0000

[Nettime-bold] Re: inauguration theatre

PLAYING WITH FIRE IS DANGEROUS, BUT SO IS SUBVERTING THE WILL OF THE PEOPLE
BY DISENFRANCHISING VOTERS!

WWW.BUSHBURNING.ORG is a forum for the development of creative responses
that reflect the will of the people in contrast to the last presidential
election.  We are planning mock inaugural balls to be held across the
nation to coincide with the inauguration of George W. Bush on January 20,
2001.  We will gather with a symbolic burning bush in hand to register our
opposition to the perversion of the democratic process.

Press and media coverage will be important to assure viewers that the
events are not isolated incidents.

A website will be created with a dynamic database that will allow
individuals and groups from across the country to communicate and
coordinate activities.  The site will also have a draft of a press release
to assist groups in promoting local events.  The website's URL, which is
still under construction, is www.bushburning.org.

We need volunteers to both assist with the construction of the website and
organize local actions. The website needs primarily programmers who can
help create a dynamic database which will be used to coordinate activities
from around the country and other who can assist manage the site.

If you are on an email list, please forward this message and spread the word.

Perry Bard minx@bway.net
Jim Costanzo costanzo@thing.net