snafu on 9 Dec 2000 20:19:15 -0000

[Nettime-bold] dear moderator(s)

dear nettime moderator(s),

i'd like to know why you decided to publish such a dumb and aggressive
message like the one by the Lumpenilluminati:

---------

In a message dated 01/12/00 01:55:16 GMT Standard Time, snafu@kyuzz.org
writes:
<< you could have not
send anything and participate only to those protests which are pure and
uncontaminated.
http://www.0100101110101101.org/PROTEST=PROFIT/

.cm.rades
As we struggle not to be diverted by your aping of 80's centre left 'new
realism' rhetoric, misguidance and crass over simplification in the above
statement (you just forgot ".......were interested in getting into
power"),which is useful in only exposing your reformist -promotional -
agenda IN AN 'ART' INITIATIVE SUPPOSEDLY SURROUNDING PROTEST OF ALL THINGS !
Your political identity becomes clear, in its reactionary and non
revolutionary basis....... to say nothing of certain of your people
submitting work to their own initiative........we now see your crowning
predictability in withdrawing from the DEBATE as other people start to
comment ,just in case it jeopardises the provinence,sale price or popularity
of your gimmick cum competition.
As you continue to suppress open and free communications from the Lumpen
illuminates and because of your initial and subsequent acts of JUDGING you
have left us with no other option than to issue the following text to counter
your chronic authoritarianism.

'The workers are free activists'
The judging panel of the 'no protest no profit' competition, a concept
edited and published against the Lumpen Iluminati,against its prophet and
against its projects,along with all the editors and publishers aware of its
contents,are condemned to capitals punishment.We call on all valiant
insurrectionists wherever they may be in the world to execute this sentence
without delay,so that no one hencefoth will dare insult the sacred beliefs of
the L.I.
Ludo (minister of information to the L.I )

-------end quote

...and you didn't pubblish our reply "No Murder No Profit" (see next
message), which was indeed an ironical response to these idiots. I don't
understand why these assholes HAVE A RIGHT TO CONDEMN ANYONE TO "CAPITAL
PUNISHMENT" VIA NETTIME, even though they are joking  (what a funny game to
wake up in the morning and read that some dement that you have never seen
before have fun to call for your execution!)

But what i don't frankly understand, even more, is if i decide to reply in
a sarcastic way i don't have a right to see my reply published. They also
accuse us to whithdraw from DEBATE (such a moloch!), whilst indeed are
nettime moderators who are filtering the debate. If you decide to start a
thread i guess you have to publish all the messages relative to that
thread, you cannot filter the messages you prefer, otherwise the debate
turns into a fake.

i send you again  the message No Murder No Profit asking you, whoever you
are, to not filter it.

best,

snafu
ps i don't want this message to be published, just the next one.