Nicholas Hermann on 6 Dec 2000 19:56:08 -0000

[Nettime-bold] Re: RHIZOME_RAW: A rare post from semi-retired champion ErykSalvaggio

>>> "Nicholas Hermann" <NHerman@hga.com> 12/06/00 09:37AM >>>
From: 	fluxis@mediaone.net
To:	<7-11@mila.ljudmila.org>
Date: 	12/6/00 4:59AM
Subject: 	Re: [7-11] [ot] [!nt] \n2+0\ Re: welcome to fascist
america

(nn translations by Max Herman)

integer@www.god-emil.dk wrote:

> amuzant. = dze `art!zt` dze 01 mozt abs fasc!zt!k l!f objkt.
(Amusing.  The "artist" is the one most absolute fascistic life
object.)

Max:  This can be read as a preamble to a critique of the cult of
individual, hierarchical genius.

> 01 u!ch = eks!ztz at dze ekspensz ov dze `komon` serf
(One which exists at the expense of the "common" serf)

Max:  Artists are paid to provide replacement imaginations for the
overworked, cognito-imaginatively underdeveloped working class.

u!ch
> = eks!ztz at dze ekspensz ov `lour` abs f!tr l!f objktz
(which exists at the expense of "lower," absolutely fitter life
objects.)

Like cows, plants, oceans--the raw material and waste depositories for
the system alluded to above--lower or natural life-objects must be
sacrificed for the unsanitary economy of cognitive mass-consumerism.  TV
requires tvs, tvs have lots of bad metals in them and Sony won't
recycle; Sony requires malls (like HarMar Mall) which require cardboard,
freon, gasoline, and styrofoam; hence lower forms like grass and
squirrels are expendable.  They become externalities; i.e. they
disappear.

One precious caveat:  the dependence on ignoring environmental
externalities to ensure stock values corresponds to an equal, internal
ignorance of cognitive, brain-based externalities (unrecognized costs).
The artist's soul dies in the process of art economy.  Or does it?  What
is value?  "The rhythm of messianic nature is happiness; for nature is
messianic by reason of its total and eternal passing away.  To strive
after such passing, even in those stages of man (sic) that are nature,
is the task of world politics, whose method must be called nihilism."
In order to coerce external nature (viz. Greenberg's Renaissance
Self-Fashioning) we coerce ourselves, our internal nature,
instrumentalizing whatever is amorphous and untechnical in ourselves.
Instrumental progress is an act of violence committed equally on the
external world and on that which is creatively amorphous in ourselves.
(Stolen ideas, in part, citations on my site.)

> zekurd v!a abs mass \ mob akz!on [= humanz 01 ultra pred!lekz!e
> 4 mass \ mob akz!on hav]
(This system is secured via absolute mass/mob action; humans have one
ultra-predilection for mass/mob action--but not M.A.S.S. action, which
is zero)

The mass anti-individualistic identity which is fascism is the engine
of the entire system of which we speak.  The deification of genius and
the institutions which implement the hierarchy are the machinery of
fascism.  From him who hath not shall be taken away even that which he
hath.  It is well-nigh time for radical change--a revolution--in the
media of genius.  We must resurrect what is gone.

Max Herman
The Genius 2000 Network
Featuring the Millennium Hut
http://www.geocities.com/genius-2000/MASS.html

Eryk wrote:

To call in question the society you "live" in, you must first
be capable of calling yourself in question.

**** Command 'what' not recognized.

**** Command 'why' not recognized.

+ >>I have a web-site http://pro.wanadoo.fr/pyrohub/>>I> +
http://www.sl
-> Rhizome.org
-> post: list@rhizome.org
-> questions: info@rhizome.org
-> give: http://rhizome.org/support
+
Subscribers to Rhizome Raw are subject to the terms set out in the
Subscriber Agreement available online at http://rhizome.org/subscribe/