JSalloum on 24 Oct 2000 23:39:26 -0000

[Nettime-bold] Re: <nettime> nettime and the Israeli-Palestinian conflict

Dear Felix and Ted,

I appreciate what Geert wrote but support what Molly was expressing even more
so. It is of course appropriate to have some kind of new media/net/.alt angle
to the postings on Nettime but at the same time we are all so inundated by
the dominant media daily and its obvious prejudices/bias that some postings
aiding to counteract the mainstream press are still worthwhile to receive. As
was obvious in the Kosovo conflict and before that during the Gulf wars and
even more obvious now the assumption of progressive politics amongst media
artists is not neccesarily correct.  I just returned yesterday from working
in the middle east for several weeks on a new video project in Lebanon,
focusing on the condition (state of interstitiality - permanent
temporariness) of Palestinians living there since 1948 (and afterwards) and
am catching up how the warped the coverage of the general situation has been
over here (in america, and europe). The most recent vehemently
anti-Palestinian email posting on Nettime deserves an adequate response. Will
you allow me the opportunity to send you one for posting?

Sincerely,
Jayce
Salloum