Nmherman on 1 Oct 2000 19:10:29 -0000

[Nettime-bold] Closing comments for the Genius 2000 Conference 2000

++++++++++++

Today is the last day of the Conference; thanks to all who participated and
contributed.  The judges are set to begin deliberating and will award the
prizes on or before October 15.

++++++++++++++

My last contribution to the Conference will be to screen the Genius 2000
Video First Edition on the public sidewalk in front of the Governor's Mansion
here in Minnesota, where Jesse Ventura lives.  The Mansion is located 1 1/2
blocks east of Lexington on Summit Ave. in St. Paul.  The video will be shown
on the street between 2 pm and 4 pm CST in an effort to get the Governor to
comment on the following email, first posted December 18, 1998.

The screening will be taped and photographed and included in my own
submission to the Conference, the Genius 2000 Archive 2000.

Any media coverage produced before midnight tonight will also be included in
the Archive as a submission.  If you want to discuss coverage, join the
listserv by sending a blank email to
Genius2000Conference2000-subscribe@egroups.com

My goals in this screening are as follows:

To demand better media access and use by the general U.S. population;
More media access and discussion among people of different nations and
cultures:
To initialize a better public sphere of information exchange outside of the
narrowly corporate media environment.

If any of these goals point toward a better system of global information,
then it has all been worthwhile.

Or to quote William Blake:

 Isaiah answer'd: "I saw no God, nor heard any, in a finite organical
perception; but my senses discover'd the infinite in every thing, and as I
was then perswaded, & and remain confirm'd, that the voice of honest
indignation is the voice of God, I cared not for consequences, but wrote."
--http://www.geocities.com/~genius-2000/column.html

Peace to all,

Max Herman
The Genius 2000 Network
http://www.geocities.com/~genius-2000

Subj:   Open Letter to Governor-Elect Jesse Ventura