Chris Drew on 11 Aug 2000 02:35:24 -0000

[Nettime-bold] ART-ACT Notes 23a

To unsubscribe from ART-ACT Notes simply reply with
unsubscribe in the Subject line. 23a

ART-ACT Notes 23

CONTENTS
1) ART-ACT Art Submissions
2) Judging ART-ACT
3) Artists Call for 2002

Check out

Ho Yeow Hui - Untitled
http://www.art-teez.org/artists/hyh1.htm

Mat Heugly - Untitled
http://www.art-teez.org/artists/mh1.htm

Jesanmichael - Ourface
http://www.art-teez.org/artists/jmk1.htm

Expect an ART-ACT Notes 24 soon with the last of the submissions in this
ART-ACT.

2000 Is History
Artists - ART-ACT deadline is over and the art is in. I have had to go to
work "downtown" to

JUDGING ART-ACT
Our Board of Directors decided the it would judge ART-ACT. We will do this
at our next
board meeting on August 26th. Our Board is composed of artists. We have
decided as a body this is the best - the easiest way - to judge this
contest. We will each of us pick four works to enter as finalists. We have
five board members so that makes twenty works - at most - can become
finalists. In reality, some selections may be duplicates and so the number
will likely be less. Then, we will discuss the finalists eliminating all but
one - the winner. We will keep a record of the reasons behind our decisions
to be published with the results on September 1st in ART-ACT Notes 25.

I invite everyone who gets this newsletter to select their four favorites
and send them into us. I will add up all your favorites and publish the
results next to the results of our Board when we announce the winner.

ART CALL FOR 2002
ART-ACT II begins accepting art on the ART-ACT theme for an "Anti-Racist
T-shirt Art Contest Tour" that will end on August 1st, 2002. Artists - you
are not too late for 2002. We have attracted over forty art works for our
first contest. I still have to mount the last few art works submitted. We
can double that number in the next two years with some help promoting this
on-line event over the next two years.

Chris Drew
 <mailto:umcac@art-teez.org>
 Uptown Multi-Cultural Art Center
 http://www.art-teez.org   We dress Chicago and the
 Internet in t-shirt art.  Come get some! 773/561-7676