Peter Fogarty on Thu, 22 Jun 2000 08:18:03 +0200 (CEST)

Re: [Nettime-bold] Re: <nettime> The role of model citizenz or the role of the Netizen

At 0640 06/22/2000, you wrote:
>integer@www.god-emil.dk in
>Subject: <nettime> The role of model citizenz in the development of fascism
>wrote equating Netizens with fascists.
>
>That is a strange and serious distortion of both the history
>of fascism and of the emergence and the nature of the netizen

Your good response suggests to me that there are people who consider
themselves netizens with regard to the dictomies you mention, but themselves
are actually fascistic towards these who oppose the old - the old netizens -
who argue against integer's avowed opposition to the prisons of language,
capitalism and the daily regurgitations of accepted opinion by the citizens
of Net-time. It is these netizens who unconsciously imitate the fascist.

correct me if I am wrong.
cheers