Heiko Recktenwald on Fri, 16 Jun 2000 05:48:12 +0200 (CEST)

[Nettime-bold] Re: <nettime> Fwd: Letter to Thomas Klestil

Hey,

> But I want to know why you are so sure that Haider is benign,
> non-totalitarian, and non-racist. You have said all these things at
> different stages. I am quite prepared to believe you. You have told me

Dont become polemic, please. I just wouldnt call him "totalitarian" etc,
and I just think he isnt terrible enough.

> everything Haider and FPO is not. Why can't you tell me what he is or what
> he stands for. If he is not totalitarian, does he hold or express liberal
> or individualist values, conservative ones, green ones, red ones? What?!
> Does he represent particular sections of the community that are
> identifiable, or is the freedom party constituency drawn from across the
> board? Are they nationalistic, or what? Can you give me any indication
> whatsoever, or just keep telling me that "he's not such a bad fellow after
> all"?
>
> They're not such a hard questions, surely.

Bla, sorry, but you miss the point ;-)

What he as a person says is absolutely irrelevant, what he said then and
now, austria is a modern coutry. I am not a witch hunter.

Its more a question of proportions, this whole austria thing.

Nobody here in germany is for the boycott etc.

Heiko