Mihajlo Acimovic on Thu, 18 May 2000 20:26:36 +0200 (CEST)

[Nettime-bold] Re: Syndicate: <nettime> latest news from belgrade

On Thu, 18 May 2000 09:21:34   Andreas Broeckmann wrote:
>Date: Thu, 18 May 2000 14:05:05 +1000
>From: www@freeb92.net

>The fans exploded two stun bombs which caused a disturbance among
>the public.

You know what? FUCK B2-92 - THEY ARE THE DISTURBANCE TO THE PUBLIC! Those stun bombs were thrown by police. I'd say this is "democrat revashism", because thousands of protesters completely ignored "their leaders'" orders and went to support the group of demonstrators, which was being cut off by special police forces, while "the leaders" were expecting everybody to stay at city parliament.

>to discuss the incident in which police
>pushed back citizens and Red Star fans from Slavija.

Pushed back??? How about chased, beaten and trampled?

>The police intervention began after several hundred protesters began
>throwing rocks at a police cordon deployed at the corner of Kralja Milana
>and Slavija.

actually I heard that it started after a cop patrol pulled over a car full of football fans and started to arrest them. The fans fought back and people around them joined - cops barely managed to get out in one piece (the exterior of their jeep was completely smashed). After that, cops charged the crowd at Slavija.
Eyewitness from first battle line says that nobody threw rocks until cops started charging the first time. I believe that. And I believe that B2-92 can kiss my ass.
What B2-92 forgot to say was that cops got their asses kicked later that evening :):):))):):))):))));)

Mihajlo