Peter Fogarty on Wed, 10 May 2000 00:03:06 +0200 (CEST)

Re: [Nettime-bold] xli56li7z54u

>!n 1672 henr! oldendburg = kompl!mntd 01 !saac neuton on h!s
>!ngenu!t!

wahey, some one in the west derived numbers to explain why apples fell from
trees and didn't hang floating in the sky, oooh la la. very clever, yes, but
useful to few.

>ars s!ne sc!enta n!h!l ezt
>= sc!ensz !z dze dr!v!ng forsz
>d!shevld kontrolz cell polar!t!

once an understanding of the polarity of cells is reached through reflecting
and considering the interior over a lifetime, the gift of manipulating all
frequency [while never having not been there] is made accessible and many
marvelous things may be done. Hell, you don't need economy after this
happens, you may do as you wish, because only at that point do you have the
power to do as you wish without sucking the toes of your highly regarded
fascist economics - which you unfortunately must subserve to at some degree
every day. how else can coca cola and nicotine be produced . . .

>kant = konektd 2 abel
>      = konektd 2 maxuel
>      = konektd 2 membank

you consider this your ancestry?

>rulz = 01 ua!
>   h!er !zt dze f!nl rule    -  !t = urong

accepted. You are also wrong. QED.

>4 nou. uat = !mportant != lokat!ng dze antvort abr zerch!ng 4 !t.
>jump!ng out ov dze z!ztm.
>

>!t = dusz = 01 ma! zafl! konklud d!sz 01 prtklr
>nettime-l = 01 obtusz amalgamaz!e -

"_Service to the customer._ - The culture industry piously claims to be
guided by its customers and to supply them with what they ask for. But while
assiduously dismissing any thought of its own autonomy and proclaiming its
victims its judges, it outdoes, in its veiled autocracy, all the excesses of
autonomous art. The culture industry not so much adapts to the reactions of
its customers as it counterfeits them. It drills them in their attitudes by
behaving as if it were itself a customer. . . . "

"Only at a remove from life can the mental life exist and truly engage the
empirical. While thought relates to facts and moves by criticizing them, its
movement depends no less on the maintenance of distance. It expresses
exactly what it is, precisely because what is is never quite as thought
expresses it. Essential to it is an element of exaggeration, of
over-shooting the object, of self-detachment from the weight of the factual,
so that instead of merely reproducing being it can, at once rigorous and
free, determine it. Thus every thought resembles play, with which Hegel no
less than Neitzsche compared the work of the mind. The unbarbaric side of
philosophy is its tacit awareness of the element of irresponsibility, of
blitheness springing from the volatility of thought, which forever escapes
what it judges."

Adorno goes on to discuss creatures such as integer's favourite marionettes.
I won't tire you with endless regurgitation. You may find these in minimia
moralia.

cher