integer on Mon, 8 May 2000 05:41:54 +0200 (CEST)

[Nettime-bold] Re: It's not me it's my genes, or is it my memes? cest la vie

 Ana Viseu

>It's not me it's my genes, or is it my memes?

 Joy Garnett

>the dog was still alive.

 Joy Garnett

>The main problem with the current genetic model is it's
>failure to acknowledge the other,
>far more elusive half of the Equation of Life :
>Dead or alive: same DNA. Ha!

 Joy Garnett

>Actually, it could be just our jeans...

organisms are open systems with orifices through
which both energy and matter may flow.
photosynthesis involves flow of gases through stomata.
sex is merely a flow of matter and dissipation of energy.
sex exists because the organisms that reproduce sexually
have survived. it has no inherent advantage
over asexual reproduction -

when the xy-male konglomerat packs and the mmedia are
exclaiming triumphal - it is dze ultra zeit to innervate the cortical
pyramidal neurons. to accelerate intraspecific competition.
to invade the biomass with asexual mutants. the allele that
confers a two-fold advantage in growth rate per capita + doubles
its representation in the population each generation.

http://www.membank.org/0002/0002.html

 "It comes as a powder that gets cloudy when you add water"
                                        (!)  joy garnett