Heiko Recktenwald on Tue, 18 Apr 2000 13:22:43 +0200 (CEST)

[Nettime-bold] Re: <nettime> Millions of Obsolete PCs Enter Waste Stream

> Charities and schools said 133 MHz was too slow for them.

Incredible. My pentium is 120 Mhz. Too slow for what ? IMHO there are
millions of people everywhere to get this stuff. In mexico, brasilia etc..

I dont care about shareholder value for intel, but there seems to be a
lack of understanding somewhere. We had this "gift economy" with software,
why not with hardware too ? Or is it too expensive to get those computers
to the south ? Not to mention the many people in the states who cant
afford a 133 Mhz machine. Or what did I overlook ? The importance of games
?

Heiko