Ralls, Jane on Thu, 2 Mar 2000 17:13:01 +0100 (CET)

[Nettime-bold] http://www.geocities.com/~genius-2000/Albos.html

Scene 19: Max reading from a DJ platform with flashing lights; TV monitor
with static on left side of screen.

Max: "--Enter thou into the joy of thy lord. Then came he which had
received the one talent, and said, 'Lord, I knew thee that thou art an hard
man, reaping where thou hast not sown, and gathering where thou hast not
strawed: And I was afraid, and I went and hid thy talent in the earth. Lo,
there thou hast that is thine.' His lord answered and said unto him, 'Thou
wicked and slothful servant, thou knewest that I reap where I sowed not, and

gather where I have not strawed; thou oughtest therefore to have put my
money
to the exchangers and then at my coming I should have received my own with
usury. Take therefore the talent from him and give it unto him which has ten

talents.' For unto every one that hath shall be given, and he shall have
abundance: but from him that hath not shall be taken away even that which he

hath. And cast ye the unprofitable servant into outer darkness; there shall
be weeping and gnashing of teeth."

Scene 20: Max with his guitar.

Max: So I think, in other words, you have to say "I'm the Messiah." Because
on the one hand if you say that, people will think number one, he's just
being silly, you know, like, he's trying to get attention; he says he's the
Messiah, it's like a lame-ass little joke. Then on the other hand, they'll
say "Well he's crazy, if he thinks he's the Messiah, fuckin' koo-koo, 'cause

there is no Messiah." But then what if you just say like, "I'm not fuckin'
crazy, I'm not just trying to get a little attention, you know, be weird;
you
know, I mean it. I'm the Messiah, because I have the idea; I'm incarnating
the idea." I mean what is the Messiah anyway?

(End of Albos section.)

Copyright 1999 the Genius 2000 Project
Please forward where welcome or needed.

is unauthorized.