Soenke Zehle on Fri, 25 Jan 2019 17:53:15 +0100 (CET)

<nettime-ann> CFP Libre Graphics Meeting May 29 - June 2, 2019, Saarbruecken, Germany

.
https://libregraphicsmeeting.org

The 2019 Libre Graphics Meeting (LGM) will take place from Wednesday
May 29 – Sunday June 2 in Saarbruecken, Germany.

This annual gathering is an opportunity for teams, contributors and
practitioners involved in Libre Graphics to work together, share
experiences, and hear new and inspiring ideas.

By libre Graphics we mean “free, Libre and Open Source tools for
creative uses”. LGM is not just about software, but extends to
standards and file formats used in creative work. Participants in LGM
include developers, designers, academics, and activists. People from
around the world who are passionate about Free/Libre tools and their
creative applications.

Participate!

LGM 2019 will take place in several venues with large, medium, and
small spaces. We welcome lectures, workshops and other interactive
formats. We also work with several gallery spaces and will publish a
separate call for works (including demos, films / games,
installations, projections) to be included / featured in an exhibition
as well as presentations on the art academy’s interactive media
facade.

State of Libre Graphics

Each meeting begins with a joint session that brings together
everything that’s happened in our wide landscape over the last year.
Instead of slots for general updates on the various software projects,
we invite every team to submit two slides (maximum) with a short
explanatory text that showcases the progress made over the past year.
For first-time presenters, and particularly big or new topics in
established projects, we encourage additional stand-alone submissions.

Main Programme

We are looking for:

Reflections and practical sessions on promoting the philosophy and use
of Libre Graphics tools

Technical presentations and workshops for developers

Showcases of excellent work made using Libre Graphics tools

New tools and workflows for graphics and code

Reflections on the activities of existing Free/Libre and Open Source communities

Formats

Available formats (times include Q&A):

Entry for State of Libre Graphics (1-2 slides)

Presentations (20 minutes)

Birds of a Feather (BoF), Workshops, Hackathons (1-2 hours)

Lightning talks (5 minutes, selected at the event unconference style)

Submission details

The deadline for submissions ends January 15, 2019.
Contributions will be selected by January 31, 2019.