Joana Chicau on Fri, 30 Mar 2018 00:48:27 +0200 (CEST)

<nettime-ann> <Media Choreographies> workshop & performance — NY — April 21/22

.
Dear list,

My name is Joana Chicau, to briefly introduce myself, I am a media designer, researcher and performer, with a background in classical & contemporary dance. I run a trans-disciplinary research project [https://jobcb.github.io/] which interweaves media design and web environments with performance and choreographic practices. The project focus on the use of Free/Libre Open Source (Floss) models questioning how may coding practices interfere deeper with interface design and information displays — when considering new (choreographic) vocabularies, embodiment and new movement perception possibilities. Also recently I started organizing events with performances involving multi-location collaborative coding, algorithmic improvisation, open discussions on gender equality and activism.

I will be in NY to present my work, would be great to hear any advice on institutions to reach out different institutions as well as communities and other relevant events happening at the same time. From my part, so far I have the following public events scheduled:

Creating Choreographic Code - Workshop With Joana Chicau

[more info here: http://rhizome.org/community/48066/
and registration at: https://www.meetup.com/volumetric/events/249018197/]
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

Dancing Bodi{es} & Choreographing Code{s}
an evening of performances followed by a conversation between the performers and the audience.

Sunday
22, 2018:
7:30pm – 9:30pm

[more info: https://www.aretevenue.com/calendar-2/2018/4/22/joana-chicau-trans-disciplinary-research-live-coding-choreography-movement-research]

I would be very grateful if you could help me share the above.
Please get in touch for anything else too,

~ Joana Chicau

Media designer, researcher and performer
  { www.joanachicau.com }