Hackers & Designers on Tue, 28 Jun 2016 17:10:09 +0200 (CEST)

<nettime-ann> Hackers & Designers Summer Academy 2016

.
If you are so smart why are you so poor?

The Hackers & Designers Summer Academy is approaching.
25 July - 5 August 2016, taking place at De PUNT and Waag Society in Amsterdam, The Netherlands.

… and there are still spots available!

At work.

The program will center around the controversial topic of immaterial labor, and the effects digital economies have on our current techno-society, – an on-going discussion at stake in both design/art and developer practices. H&D engages this year’s summer academy participants to go into discussion and critically reflect on their (digital) activities that exist outside/alongside the traditional wage-based definition of labor. What does it mean for the future of our practices to contribute to creative commons and open source projects, to self-initiate, to organize communities, to promote and publish on social networks, to perpetually generate content, to evolve multiple identities as bloggers, vloggers, mojo contributors…?

Program

With Dyne (Freecoin), Hack Your FutureTechnoflesh (Simone Niquille) & Carina Namih, Nicolas Malevé & Michael Murtaugh (Constant Association for Art & Media), Dennis de Bel & Roel Roscam Abbing, The Rodina & more!
http://www.roelroscamabbing.nl/

Find more information on: http://hackersanddesigners.nl/#/HDSA_2016._If_you_are_so_smart_why_are_you_so_poor

About Hackers & Designers

H&D believes designers and artists should be empowered with the tools of the digital realm including coding and hardware usage and construction. Conversely technologists should be more comfortable and effective in engaging in creative processes through familiarity with the vocabulary of designers and artists. All disciplines should become more comfortable in theoretical and social discourse, and thus be asking questions such as not only can we but should we.

http://hackersanddesigners.nl/