CITIES on Tue, 12 Jan 2016 18:26:21 +0100 (CET)

<nettime-ann> INVITATION, JANUARY 26TH

.
Title: Event – Plastic Era – Pakhuis de Zwijger
You're receiving this newsletter because you signed-up online or at one of our events.
Not interested anymore? Unsubscribe Having trouble viewing this email? View in your browser

Dear plastic addicts,

Have you heard of plastiglomerates? They’re hybrid rocks embedded with plastic, marking plastic’s official place in the planet’s geological composition. It’s safe to say we’ve reached a point in history when plastic is irreversibly pervasive – existing in the environment and our own bodies. Welcome to the Plastic Era.

Meriting conversation, what better place than Pakhuis de Zwijger? On the evening of Tuesday, January 26th, we are bringing together a diverse group of leaders in plastic knowledge and practice to share their work and insight, to debate, discuss, celebrate and explore with you the possibilities of our shared future relationship with plastic waste.

Focusing on three themes, we will talk about plastic as material, connector and politics. How is plastic waste being (re)used as a valuable material? How is plastic fostering connection in communities and cities? Can we find harmony between industrial efficiency and cultural development? Can we change from a linear to a circular relationship with plastic in the future of our everyday lives? The transformation is already under way…

We would love for you join us in this adventure. For more information on the event and program, and to reserve your seat, please see more on the Plastic Era event here.

Not in Amsterdam? No Problem!

You can view the Plastic Era event via livestream. For more and to tune into the livestream, see here.

Time and date
Tuesday, January 26th, 20.00h

Location
Pakhuis de Zwijger,
Piet Heinkade 179,
1019 HC Amsterdam

Entrance
Free
(followed by post-event borrel in the café)

Please reserve your seat via Pakhuis de Zwijger’s website here
© 2016 CITIES.
All rights reserved.