beata szechy on Fri, 24 Apr 2015 23:13:54 +0200 (CEST)

<nettime-ann> Fwd: Call for Artists to participate in an environmental project

.
Call for Artists to participate in an environmental project
Juried Art Competition, Dallas, Texas / Budapest, Hungary

http://www.hungarian-multicultural-center.com/id101.html

Submission Deadline:  July 15, 2015

For more info and application form please write to: bszechy@yahoo.com

Our project supported by a grant from the Texas Commission for the Arts.

Size:  8.5 X 11
All submitted, high-quality art work will be exhibited and tour in Texas and Hungary in 2016.
This exhibition is juried and curated by HMC’s Board of Directors.
Who is Eligible:
The competition is open to all visual artists and photographers.
Media:
All media including, but not limited to, Acrylic/Oil, Mixed Media, Pastel, Colored Pencil, Graphics, Water Media or other Layered Media, Photography,  and Video Art.  No Craft.
About the project:
The new project is to explore solutions to environmental disasters as dying trees, pollution, environmental issues.  The project will leverage local and national artists artistic works to generate cross-cultural, cross-border civic engagement in community-led reforestation projects.  This exhibition will encourage and support reforestation projects organized in partnership with cultural institutions, like churches and women’s centers.  Exhibitions, artist talks dates and places will be organized later for 2016.

About HMC
Our Mission is to present art that evokes thinking, leads to discovery and inspires creativity by building bridges between people, concepts and entities that have been traditionally considered incompatible. We work to increase the visibility of talented artists from around the world and to foster appreciation of art by teaching people of all ages a 21st century language. We use the conversations of color, shape, texture and line to demonstrate that communication can be free of prejudice toward any language, religion or philosophy.