|Turner-Rahman, Gregory (email@example.com) on Thu, 8 Jan 2015 19:36:44 +0100 (CET)|
[Date Prev] [Date Next] [Thread Prev] [Thread Next] [Date Index] [Thread Index]
|<nettime-ann> Tenure Track Assistant, Associate, or Full Professor Position at University of Idaho|
Tenure-track Assistant, Associate, or Full Professor
Virtual Technology and Design at the University of Idaho
We are seeking a dynamic innovator who will maintain a growing research/creative scholarship agenda and share knowledge and excitement with students. We would like to find someone with an interesting confection of interests and experience to contribute to the program and to help augment/enhance the college vision in at least two of the following three areas:
• Interactive virtual environments: Designing and developing interactive virtual worlds for use in entrainment and non-entertainment activities (Information design, visualization, concept design, experience design, architecture, industrial design).
• Visualization: Addressing the complexities of envisioning and creating artifacts and virtual environments (information design, visualization, bio-statistics, computer science)
• Design Fabrication: Translation of virtual forms into physical artifacts and vice-versa. (industrial design, sculpture, computer science, concept design, architecture, engineering)
Candidates must also be able to teach both design and technical studios.
- Engage students in a design/development experience utilizing multiuser virtual worlds including Unity 3D and Jibe with an emphasis on embedded intelligence and program language application.
- Create and utilize creative technologies to address complex problems
VTD is a four-year curriculum leading to a B.S. in Virtual Technology and Design in one of two emphases: Game/Entertainment Design or Simulation/Visualization. Students can also continue to pursue a M.S. in Integrated Architecture and Design – an interdisciplinary degree. As an integral part of the College of Art and Architecture (CAA), the VTD program is further enriched by its close affiliation with programs in Architecture, Interior Design, Landscape Architecture, Bioregional Planning and Art and Design. Within a University exploring new directions in higher education, the College is continually evolving to deliver rich experiences in interdisciplinary learning. For example, VTD collaborates with faculty and students within the departments of Theatre, Microbiology, Molecular Biology & Biochemistry, Art and Architecture, Lionel Hampton School of Music, Food Science & Toxicology, Accounting, Family and Consumer Sciences and Transportation Engineering. Furthermore, VTD also collaborates with disciplines in the private and non-profit sectors including security, law enforcement and medical. Collaborative projects include animations, learning environments, simulations, and visualization.
Gregory Turner-Rahman, PhD
Interim Program Coordinator | Virtual Technology and Design
Associate Professor | Art + Design
College of Art and Architecture
University of Idaho
_______________________________________________ nettime-ann mailing list firstname.lastname@example.org http://www.nettime.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/nettime-ann