Manuela Benetton on Thu, 2 Oct 2014 18:44:09 +0200 (CEST)
[Date Prev] [Date Next] [Thread Prev] [Thread Next] [Date Index] [Thread Index]
<nettime-ann> Berlin 10-12th Oct.: Ben Vida Damaged Particulates
- To: firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com
- Subject: <nettime-ann> Berlin 10-12th Oct.: Ben Vida Damaged Particulates
- From: Manuela Benetton <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Wed, 1 Oct 2014 17:36:49 +0200
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=20120113; h=mime-version:date:message-id:subject:from:to:content-type; bh=3w1G0kVdkGYdOpZAMAirjFAcPA/5j0Bqt2yHPXmEm9A=; b=UaidhLTU+T5PpXjkTVgfvdPbu7roGi0b9stcDK0nAqYdATXtSc9sR/2dqtAzDvRdg1 qhO/J6pEDCc0vN8DMWGZ0ek9rPeoCcAVArsFmCXaTd2FW58W1yFa3VsT1L9gjyEuWPrX k5G6J53QGldR8mWky6X+7G0A2O7qKE//tme+dLIKdbtdKTCarzdHtXl3LE5Tp+CUr0vb YtNFilMyyvnJ08oX8vgEBYop2zW+Ecs8ie+BFfqyn4oxWuUolxAq4B4JpeavZksRgdXZ BRtbcwEvB8Eza1OhHQ+/dDV8nhprvcoLkxQXtNT3WF8rUxUClxl5O1Qe70CGbSFh+g8p 5Djg==
With apologies for x-posting
Ben Vida's Damaged Particulates
Tactile Performance/Installation for Electronics and SubPacs.
With his tactile installation/performance Damaged Particulates the experimental musician and composer Ben Vida delves into the enveloping world of âdirect bassâ. Utilising a four-channel, twin-sub sound system and 25 individual SubPacs,
a tactile audio system placed on each audience members seatback, which
directly transfers low frequencies to the body, this highly detailed and
immersive piece for electronics examines the dimensional and spatial
qualities of analog and digital synthesis.
Particulates is a work that oscillates between performance,
installation and sculpture, and is experienced as much by touch as by
hearing. Originally commissioned for Unsound Festival NYC, this new
version explores further the possibilities of multi sensory sonic
Damaged Particulates is a project in partnership with Unsound Festival 2014,
Subpac, the Electronic Studio of TU, Faculty of Audio Communication,
Berlin, curated by Manuela Benetton in collaboration with LEAP.
Opening: Friday 10.10.2014 19h00 at LEAP
Ben Vida in conversation with Lisa Blanning + SubPac Presentation by Thomas BÃz, Subpac Partner Development Germany.
Concert sessions from 20h45.Â
Places are limited (25 seats per session).ÂTickets are available at LEAP, or preorder via Eventbrite: http://bit.ly/1tdOSLj
The Artist Talk is free to attend.
Friday 20:45, 21:30, 22:15
Saturday 15:30, 16:15, 17:00, 17:45
Sunday 15:30, 16:15, 17:00, 17:45
is a New York based artist and composer. He has been an active member
of the international experimental music community for two decades with a
long list of collaborators, bands and releases to his credit. In the
mid 90âs he co-founded the group Town and Country and has since worked
as a solo artist with releases on such labels as PAN, Alku, Shelter
Press and Kranky. He has presented works in a range of museums,
galleries and music venues including the MoMA, The Kitchen, the MCA, ICP
London, Audio Visual Arts, The Artistâs Institute and the Sydney Opera
Recent activities include performances at LiveArtsWeek at
Museo d 'Arte Moderna di Bologna, the Royal Festival Hall as part of the
Meltdown Festival in London and an exhibition of prints coupled with a
solo performance at Lisa Cooley Gallery, Manhattan. This spring he will
stage the next iterations of his video and performance pieces, Slipping
Control and Damaged Particulates at 356 Mission in Los Angeles.
is a music journalist and editor. She spent six years on staff at The
Wire Magazine and now lives in Berlin, writing regularly for
publications like The FADER, Electronic Beats and others.
Leipziger Str. 63 (Corner Markgrafenstr.)10115 Berlin
nettime-ann mailing list