TOM CORBY on Thu, 21 Nov 2013 17:06:56 +0100 (CET)
[Date Prev] [Date Next] [Thread Prev] [Thread Next] [Date Index] [Thread Index]
<nettime-ann> Funded PhD studentships
- To: "firstname.lastname@example.org" <email@example.com>
- Subject: <nettime-ann> Funded PhD studentships
- From: TOM CORBY <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Thu, 21 Nov 2013 09:11:33 +0000 (GMT)
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=btinternet.com; s=s1024; t=1385025093; bh=YFFppS2fl6sg3zaF27057dGyHac4EuT1TNhBS9zb6rQ=; h=X-YMail-OSG:Received:X-Rocket-MIMEInfo:X-Mailer:References:Message-ID:Date:From:Reply-To:Subject:To:In-Reply-To:MIME-Version:Content-Type; b=QsMYGY7tliPyGsKNBQME8OWwubTw4R+yc8XoZxAIlwsYpt1eB9QEgSsG/cCGwdLvCV1QJYNV/tJ1DpfeZeEB2kP+XerYPfbm36E0rSa0fQbnsOE+MJTboXD4/6al2USxfI+rUh/l1LfvtXCeRgzE5ibZj0w+7eM1rq3RSlIwm58=
- Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; q=dns; c=nofws; s=s1024; d=btinternet.com; h=X-YMail-OSG:Received:X-Rocket-MIMEInfo:X-Mailer:References:Message-ID:Date:From:Reply-To:Subject:To:In-Reply-To:MIME-Version:Content-Type; b=EwxSl0k7Jy5IfIwqcXY+9Z/5HpC1rQFstbS6XoSoTiRkHgYvcft9c8cxKwbbZByjaxWBJDg05LNyx9J8iUQFA+UCriz5sgIFCMypJznaIinpRUzJj0dmdulPpPVPppVuFaa+W064lqGcypBtNX2e8Pm/90ET9Z8w1dagsJkKbiQ=;
- In-reply-to: <email@example.com>
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Reply-to: TOM CORBY <email@example.com>
Please circulate widely:Research Studentships in the School of Media, Arts and DesignCentre for Research and Education in Arts and Media (CREAM)University of WestminsterÂ16,000 annual stipend plus fee
A number of full-time University of Westminster Studentships are available to candidates with either Home or Overseas fee status in any area of Art, Media and Communication starting in September 2014.
The Centre for Research and Education in Arts and Media (CREAM) is a leading centre for research across the disciplines of visual arts, photography, film and digital media. In the 2008 Research Assessment Exercise CREAM was rated 20% 4*, 55%, 25% 2*. The Times Higher Education Supplement ranked CREAM in the top six art and design departments in the UK and the most highly rated department in this field in London.
With 30 research active staff, and 35 doctoral students. CREAM is a leading provider of both practice-based and
theoretical PhD research in photography, film, digital media, ceramics, visual art, art-science relationships and moving image work.
Eligible candidates will hold at least an upper second class honours degree and a Masterâs degree. Candidates whose secondary level education has not been conducted in the medium of English should also demonstrate evidence of appropriate English language proficiency, normally defined as 6.5 in IELTS (with not less than 6.0 in any of the individual elements).
The Studentship consists of a fee waiver and a stipend of Â16,000 per annum. Successful candidates will be expected to undertake some teaching duties.
Prospective candidates wishing to informally discuss an application should contact Dr Tom Corby, firstname.lastname@example.org
In doing so they should have ready an outline research proposal specifying a research focus.
Further information about our PhD programme can be found here:
The closing date for applications is 5pm Friday 17 January 2014
nettime-ann mailing list