Chiara Passa on Sat, 2 Nov 2013 17:22:37 +0100 (CET)
[Date Prev] [Date Next] [Thread Prev] [Thread Next] [Date Index] [Thread Index]
<nettime-ann> OUT now: "And one day, boom: the pavilion of exploded reality!"
- To: nettime ann list <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Subject: <nettime-ann> OUT now: "And one day, boom: the pavilion of exploded reality!"
- From: Chiara Passa <email@example.com>
- Date: Fri, 1 Nov 2013 12:20:20 +0100
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=20120113; h=mime-version:date:message-id:subject:from:to:content-type; bh=k6uHMnn+6vrR6xSK9X4jNphq3LwQG2A8rtVzx5AP5yU=; b=qiMxVFRviluZe3+hTCBVABN2Gqkc+osBEktJoozDZ0GzjZh3FW/nZ6lRQ8WYVeDrz4 j70QB4EUiTg36id1ygdlNaCknJ74WAIj8G7BVShhQ8yX3ZTXAsas0vrb3JR7N9lps8a0 2VfVxMs1qWd0N/dBTVnsAv2en3mfwXV+44WRWSh2H6j7sKDGOIj2kmfmzj/kcO2obeSk VqArguAJ5wkN8/6n204tkVexSSCNM+j1OXFIgLXzaa/Cxq+yVW+Pl9h374TTHVADq/YL Uy4yY/jeptZpPft72RptwQGbcLTDXinUD4PiAYOui/+5OFhvu4oiRfi1xLDm3fdgozu5 LSiw==
Dear friends & colleague,
hope this finds you well.
proud to share with you "And one day, boom: the pavilion of exploded
) at The
), New Digital Art Biennale SÃo Paulo. Venue
November 1st 2013.
The theme of the Pavilion Iâm curating for The
is inspired by the concept of impossible architecture: focusing upon
the new idea of digital art surrealism driven mainly by incoming energy
from web culture and the intellectual groups developing within that
framework which create amateur artworks using new technologies much like
the way in which a magician uses a magic wand.
The ten artworks
exhibited on both the sides of the Pavilion - sculptures, installations,
images and videos - appear to the eyes of the audience through
Augmented Reality Technology. The artworks created by ten students from
Romeâs Academy of Fine Arts are based upon concepts such as: remix,
dÃtournement, digital surrealism, glitch-art, appearance, dream,
sleep/awake, journey and unreality. The ten creations contextualized
inside the Pavilion feature unexpected shifts and shifts in meaning.
fact, Augmented Reality Technology, by increasing reality itself,
creates new levels of unreality. It decontextualizes real space,
accentuating the paradox of how Augmented Reality actually decreases
reality by removing and modifying real levels to increase illusoriness
in our real atmosphere.
Very best, Chiara
nettime-ann mailing list