Andrew Welsby on Thu, 26 Sep 2013 15:03:04 +0200 (CEST)

<nettime-ann> Call for Papers

.
Dear Nettimers,

I'm posting this call on behalf of my partner. Enquiries should be directed to her at the email included.

Best,
Andy

Glasgow Caledonian University and Strathclyde University

History Unlimited – Interdisciplinary PG Seminars

November 2013 to May 2014

Call for Papers

The Centre for the Social History of Health and Healthcare based at Glasgow Caledonian and Strathclyde Universities is hosting a postgraduate interdisciplinary history seminar series from November 2013 to May 2014. This is an exciting opportunity for postgraduate students and early career researchers across the arts and humanities to present research which has a historical focus. The seminars will provide a relaxed and supportive environment to share research from a broad range of disciplines such as politics, sociology, literature, art, law, economics, philosophy, psychology and history.

We welcome abstracts (500 words) from any discipline within the arts and humanities. Papers can be on any topic and cover any historical period. We particularly welcome papers with a health history focus. Abstracts should be sent along with contact details and a brief academic biography to:

Thora Hands: thora.hands@strath.ac.uk

The deadline for submissions is 10th October 2013 and the seminars will take place in November 2013 and January, March and May 2014.

Andrew Welsby
07450213570