V2_ on Mon, 11 Apr 2011 21:24:08 +0200 (CEST)

<nettime-ann> Vacancy: Plone Website Developer

.
V2_ Institute for the Unstable Media is immediately seeking a Plone website developer to join its team for two days (15.2 hours) a week.

http://www.v2.nl/organization/working-at-v2/plone-website-developer

V2_ was founded in 1981 and is located in the center of Rotterdam, the Netherlands. V2_ runs a presentation space, a media lab, a publishing house and is actively developing an archive related to our almost 30 years of activities. V2_ is an interdisciplinary center for art, technology and media that pays special attention to research and experimentation. Thus, it has many collaborative ties with organizations in various sectors (a.o. the arts, universities, and the social and cultural sector). This research concentrates on the relationship between art and life, technology, media and society. Besides being a place for experts and researchers, we develop public events to make our research, which is practice and theory, accessible for a larger audience. Over the past 30 years, a growing domestic and international audience has had the opportunity to get acquainted with prominent artists, thinkers and projects in the field of art, media and technology through exhibitions, presentations, symposiums and performances and the Dutch Electronic Art Festival - DEAF. V2_ currently employs a permanent staff of 20 people from different backgrounds and nationalities.

About the position:

âDuties:
V2_ developed the website www.v2.nl using the Plone CMS, within which we have developed our own open source modules. The website serves as an archive and a platform for communicating news and programming information. It will be the developerâs job to maintain (upgrade) the website system and develop small applications. In addition to its own website, V2_ develops websites on a semiregular basis for artistic and cultural projects on which we collaborate with other parties. So far, most of these have been implemented in PHP. Development and maintenance of these websites will also be part of the website developerâs job.

Requirements:
â At least an HBO (tertiary vocational education) level of technical knowledge;
â Knowledge and experience of Zope/Plone and PHP;
â Strong affinity with open source software and tools;
â Excellent oral and written communication skills;
â Good ability to work both independently and as part of a team;
â Good command of Dutch and English;
â Affinity with the arts sector.

This position is part time (two days/15.2 hours a week) and will begin immediately. Salary will fall within pay grade 9 for Dutch municipal government workers and be based on qualifications and experience.

To apply, please send your resume and a clear letter explaining why you are seeking the position before May 1, 2011, to: â

V2_ Institute for the Unstable Media â
T.a.v. personeelszakenâ
Eendrachtsstraat 10â
3012 XL Rotterdam â
the Netherlands

Or by e-mail: jobs@v2.nl ââ

We will process your application as soon as possible. âFor more information about V2_ and the position, please contact V2_Lab manager Boris Debackere +31 10 206 7272