callum on Mon, 27 Dec 2010 20:05:11 +0100 (CET)

<nettime-ann> FutureEverything 2011 Festival Update

.

FutureEverything 2011
Global festival of art, music & ideas
11-15 May 2011

| | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | |
Festival Passes Now On Sale
| | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | |

Festival Passes are now available for FutureEverything 2011 - the globally
celebrated, award winning festival which has "put Manchester at the
forefront of smart-city thinking" (Guardian).

Save 1/3rd on festival pass prices until 28th February 2011.

http://2010.futureeverything.org/buytickets

| | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | |
Future art of a smart city
| | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | |

Experience the future art of a smart city, FutureEverything offers a
unique glimpse of stunning new forms of artwork, visualisation and
engagement possible in the age of open data and networked cities.

2011's art programme will engage all of the senses and bring the best in
digitally inspired creativity to Manchester.

http://2010.futureeverything.org/news/artintro2011

| | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | |
Warpaint to play FutureEverything 2011
| | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | |

We're delighted to announce Warpaint are among the hotly tipped music acts
confirmed for FutureEverything 2011.

Four nights of unforgettable live music - FutureEverything's renowned
music programme brings pioneering acts from across the world to the heart
of Manchester.

http://2010.futureeverything.org/news/musicintro2011

| | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | |
FutureEverything Conference
| | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | |

Top-level debate and keynotes on the possibilities of the near-future, the
power of globally-connected communities, and the impact of Open Data upon
society, digital culture and art.

12-13 May 2011 sees the return of the internationally acclaimed
FutureEverything Conference.

http://2010.futureeverything.org/news/ideasintro2011

| | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | |
Award Jury Now Shortlisting
| | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | |

Submitted entries have been passed to the International Jury who will
select the three outstanding projects that will fight it out for the 2011
prize. The Winner will be decided by an open vote by the FutureEverything
Community in 2011.

The Jury in 2011 is Bruce Sterling (US), Yukiko Shikata (JP) and Jeremy
Myerson (UK).

http://2010.futureeverything.org/news/awardjury2011

| | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | |
Showcase Open Call - Now Open
| | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | |

The FutureEverything Showcase is a program of independently run art and
music events across the city, presenting new and groundbreaking talent and
giving the opportunity for more people to participate in the festival.

Submit your event - Want to stage an event in FutureEverything 2011?

http://2010.futureeverything.org/news/showcaseopencall2011

| | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | |
Community Is King - Smart Cities
| | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | |

The Guardian recently profiled FutureEverything on the cover of its two
IBM sponsored Smarter Cities supplements.

The Guardian commissioned a text by FutureEverything's  director Drew
Hemment and highlighted the work been done by FutureEverything to position
Manchester at "the forefront of smart-city thinking".

http://guardian.co.uk/smarter-cities

http://2010.futureeverything.org/news/smarter-cities

GloNet Film Released

GloNet at FutureEverything 2010 was a prototype for a new kind of globally
networked event, shifting FutureEverything from a single city festival to
one taking place simultaneously at venues around the globe.

Innovation was at the heart of FutureEverything 2010 as five cities around
the world connected live with the festival and conference.

http://vimeo.com/17709873

http://futureeverything.org/