Chiara Passa on Sun, 14 Nov 2010 19:28:39 +0100 (CET)

<nettime-ann> "Augmented Irreality", OUT NOW!

.
Dear friends & colleagues,

I'm glad to share with you my latest interactive video installation:
"Augmented Irreality". The demo is online at:
http://www.chiarapassa.it/videoenglish.html , Images at:
http://www.chiarapassa.it/augmentedirrealityimages.html

Best regards, Chiara

CONCEPT

>From the series âLive Architectureâ: âAugmented irrealityâ,
interactive video installation, time variable. 2010, by Chiara Passa.

"Augmented Irreality" is an interactive video installation that is
projected onto three walls and the floor. The artwork (built in Quartz
Composer and Artoolkit) puts the viewer into the 3D software by
placing him in the "window-camera." The spectator, through the use of
some matrix (having different patterns the size of the palm of the
hand) printed on squares, is able to operate, move, zoom, remove and
interact with three-dimensional objects that meet on the Cartesian
axes X, Y and Z of the simulated software. The artwork recreates a
three-dimensional flat under construction, which the audience itself
continues to customize through their movements. Also âAugmented
Irreality,â like other video installations of the series "Live
Architecture," is based on the concept of "super place" where the site
is self-performing and moves beyond its capabilities. The video
installation reflects on the idea of the virtual/unreal and how our
bodies, in real space, are related to this kind of
dimension/experience. âAugmented Irrealityâ highlights the paradox of
how augmented reality, in truth, diminishes reality itself, removing
and modifying the real levels, it Âincreases the irreality in our real
atmosphere.
Âhttp://www.chiarapassa.it/videography.html

Sinossi Ita: http://www.chiarapassa.it/videografia.html

--