Geert Lovink on Sun, 30 May 2010 08:43:39 +0200 (CEST)

<nettime-ann> Kapitalism - Our Improved Formula / Directed by Alexandru Solomon Screening

.
BUCHAREST BIENNALE 4 PARALLEL EVENT
June 2nd, 2010
16.00

Kapitalism - our improved Formula / Directed by Alexandru Solomon
Screening

Venue: Noul Cinema al Regizorului Roman, Muzeul Taranului Roman (Romanian Peasant Museum), Soseaua Kiseleff 3

20 years have passed since the Revolution. Have we attained our goal? "Kapitalism - our secret recipe" describes our road from communism with an ugly face to an original market economy. And who knows the road better than the winners? The movie brings together the biggest magnates in Romania and tries to find out what was their driving force in this battle. Watch them at home, on business trips or on yacht cruises - and find out their recipe. Here, Capitalism begins with K - an exotic cocktail in which money, power and the communist past are mixed.

Alexandru Solomon is one of the most appreciated Romanian documentary film directors. He has directed more than 10 documentaries until today and won many awards.

---
BUCHAREST BIENNALE
Bucharest International Biennial for Contemporary Art
proudly supported by PILSNER URQUELL

Sos. Nicolae Titulescu 1 (Piata Victoriei)
Bucharest  011131 Romania
T: + 4 031 103 4131
E: pavilion@pavilionmagazine.org
www.bucharestbiennale.org

---
Facebook: www.facebook.com/pavilionjournal
---

This is a project by PAVILION - journal for politics and culture.
www.pavilionjournal.org

---
PAVILION, BUCHAREST BIENNALE and PAVILION UNICREDIT are projects devised and founded by Razvan Ion and Eugen Radescu

---
Proudly sponsored by: Pilsner Urquell
Strategic partner: UniCredit Tiriac Bank
Supported by: Austrian Cultural Forum, British Council, Centre for Visual Introspection, Danish Arts Council, dgARTES, French Cultural Institute, French Embassy, FRAME Finland, Fundacao Calouste Gulbenkian, FSPUB (Faculty of Political Science, Bucharest University), National Geology Museum, IASPIS, IFA Germany, laBOMBA, Ministerio da Cultura, Mondriaan Foundation, Netherlands Embassy in Bucharest, OCA Norway, ParadisGaraj, Polish Institute, Romanian Cultural Institute, Romanian Cultural Institute New York, Romanian Institute of Geology, Rumanska Kulturinstitutet Stockholm, Seacex, UNArte (National University of Arts, Bucharest), FRAME - Finnish Fund for Art Exchange. Media partners: 22 Magazine, Afterall, Alternativ, Arhitectura, Cabinet, Cura Magazine, Euromedia, Framework, Kaleidoscope, Metropotam, Modernism, Mute, Oops Media, Open, Radical Philosophy, Springerin, VeiozaArte, Vicious Vitamins, Zile si Nopti.

Printing partner: First Advertising

Official coffee: Illy

Official hotel: Intercontinental Bucharest

Official club: Control

Production partner: UpDate Advertising

Official city guide: City Compass