helen varley jamieson on Thu, 25 Mar 2010 06:18:38 +0100 (CET)

<nettime-ann> 101010 UpStage Festival - deadline for proposals & another walk-through

.
/appologies for x-posting/

hi everyone,
the deadline for proposals for the 101010 UpStage Festival <http://upstage.org.nz/blog/?p=681> closes on *31 March* - that's one week away! we've already received some interesting submissions so we are sure it's going to be another varied and exciting festival.

for those of you considering submitting a proposal, who aren't already experienced UpStage users, we will be holding another walk-through <http://upstage.org.nz/blog/?p=835> - this is an online session to familiarise yourself with the features & potential of the UpStage platform. it will really help your submission if you attend a walk-through.

due to the curators' complex life commitments, we can't fit the walk-through in before the proposal deadline - it's going to be held on *monday 5/tuesday 6 april*, depending on where you are in the world; find your local time here: http://tinyurl.com/ydptpew

if you attend this walk-through, we will extend the deadline for your proposal to *friday 9 april*. if you

if you can't make this walk-through time but need to learn a bit more about how UpStage works before submitting your proposal, please email us and we'll do our best to find another time when we can meet online.

to submit a proposal, email the following information to info@upstage.org.nz <mailto:info@upstage.org.nz>:

* working title of your cyberformance and 3-4 sentences about it;
* names and locations of people involved;
* brief background/bios (not more than 300 words each);
* preferred time(s), in your local time, for presentation on 101010;
* contact email and postal address.

performances can be on any theme or topic; the only rules are it must be no longer than 20 minutes, and must be created and performed in UpStage - your proposal needs to show us how you will realise your performance in UpStage. please note that UpStage is NOT a web-casting platform.

the festival will take place online in UpStage on 101010, with RL (’real life’) access nodes at locations around the world. if you are interested in hosting a RL access node, please contact us for further information and technical requirements.

if you have any questions about submitting a proposal or attending a walk-through, just email info@upstage.org.nz or reply to this email. there is also more information on the web site, http://www.upstage.org.nz

we look forward to your proposals!

helen, vicki & dan
101010 UpStage Festival curators

*******************************
helen varley jamieson
UpStage project manager
helen@upstage.org.nz

UpStage
a web-based venue for live online performance
http://www.upstage.org.nz

helen varley jamieson: creative catalyst
helen@creative-catalyst.com
http://www.creative-catalyst.com
http://www.avatarbodycollision.org
http://www.upstage.org.nz