Mason Dixon on Tue, 16 Jun 2009 22:25:16 +0200 (CEST)

<nettime-ann> Web Studies 2010 - call for papers: first call.

.

Web Studies 2010 - call for papers: first call.

joasia
------------------------
http://www.kurator.org
http://www.art-social.net

//////

1st International Congress on Web Studies
3-5 March 2010
Tecnológico de Monterrey, Toluca, Mexico

Call for Papers
http://webstudies.info/
http://webstudies.info/WebStudiesCFP.pdf

The 1st International Congress on Web Studies aims to explore the social
dimension of Web applications as well as the interaction and co-existence of
humans with artificial agents ­ interfaces, algorithms, information
architectures ­ forming socio-technical hybrids that are increasingly
difficult to dissect.

The congress provides a venue for researchers and professionals from
different backgrounds for discussion, study, practical demonstrations,
sharing, and exchange on new developments and theories regarding the World
Wide Web.

Therefore we invite contributions from a heterogeneous set of fields and
domains such as: Web systems, computational intelligence, human-computer
interaction, digital theory, Web sociology, and well as interactive and
digital arts. We also encourage contributions from businesses and
organizations.