Mason Dixon on Fri, 12 Jun 2009 06:28:43 +0200 (CEST)

<nettime-ann> Call for Participants: Emerging Writers Fair & Book Launch

.

We want to launch your book. On a catapult. We're not kidding.

If you have recently finished writing a book, or have published your first book in the past year (or just feel like taking out some aggression on a publication of your choice), we invite you to celebrate by launching your work into
space--or at least halfway down the block.

In addition to the catapult book launch, we're hosting a literary science fair so that you can receive proper admiration for your writing. Now is your chance
to explain to the world what's so special about your fiction, poetry,
non-fiction...by means of a diorama, poster, or tri-fold board. Baking soda
volcanoes are welcome, colorful graphs encouraged.

Because space is limited, if you'd like to participate in the literary science fair, we'll need a short proposal for any table-top display, due by 15 June.
(We'll squeeze in as many as we can, but space will be available on a
first-come, first-served basis.) Note that we have near-unlimited room for wall poster displays. Out-of-town writers are encouraged to submit posters, rather
than moping at home all night on Facebook.

The Logistics:

10 July 2009, 7–10pm
Emerging Writers Fair + Book Launch
(an official Printers' Ball lead-up event)
http://www.printersball.org

Featuring the dazzling debut of the Chicago Underground Library's Public
Donation Boxes!
+ Music! A Raffle! Prizes!
http://underground-library.org

At the Jupiter Outpost (1139 W. Fulton Market, Chicago)
Food and drink will be available for sale
+ you should feel free to BYOB

Best of All: It's Free!
Tell all of your friends!

Contacts: