Parikka, Jussi on Mon, 16 Feb 2009 17:40:03 +0100 (CET)

<nettime-ann> Interdisciplinary Research Fellow in Digital Culture

.

Interdisciplinary Research Fellow in Digital Culture
The Cultures of the Digital Economy Research Institute
Faculty of Arts, Law, and Social Sciences

http://www.jobs.ac.uk/jobs/LU913/Interdisciplinary_Research_Fellow_in_Digital_Culture/

Ref: 6109

Based in Cambridge

Fixed term contract for one year in the first instance

£29,704 - £34,435 p.a.

Join us as we enter an exciting new phase of our development. Our ambition is to be recognised as a truly 21st century university, fully relevant to the changing needs of students, staff and employers. With our energy, enthusiasm and ambition matched by our friendliness and approachability, Anglia Ruskin University is a great place to be.

You will join the interdisciplinary team of the Cultures of the Digital Economy Research Institute, a project housed within the Faculty of Arts, Law and Social Sciences. The Institute involves colleagues working in media theory, humanities computing, digital music and video, fine arts, video games, serious gaming and digital text, yet also has an important scientific contribution from colleagues involved with design and technology, audio engineering and computer design and animation.

The Interdisciplinary Fellow in Digital Culture is expected to take a key role in the Institute's activities. You must be familiar with state-of-the-art experimental, theoretical and practical issues in cultural theory, arts and the emerging sciences of digital culture. You are expected to have advanced IT skills and a knowledge of the field(s) of interactivity in sound and/or digital image would be an advantage. The Fellow will typically engage in personal research and publishing in the field of digital culture and collaborative research initiatives that bring together the different strands of the Research Institute.

The project commences in March 2009, or as soon as possible thereafter.
For further information please contact Prof Eugene Giddens, on 0845 196 2965 or eugene.giddens@anglia.ac.uk

Closing Date: 06 March 2009 (12 noon)

It is anticipated interviews will take place on 20 March 2009

CVs will only be accepted if accompanied by a completed University Application form.

Further details are available from telephone 0845 196 4740 (24 hours). E-mail jobs@anglia.ac.uk or visit on-line at www.anglia.ac.uk/hr/jobs

This e-mail and any attachments are intended for the above named recipient(s) only and may be privileged. If they have come to you in error you must take no action based on them, nor must you copy or show them to anyone: please reply to this e-mail to highlight the error and then immediately delete the e-mail from your system.

Any opinions expressed are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent the views or opinions of Anglia Ruskin University.

Although measures have been taken to ensure that this e-mail and attachments are free from any virus we advise that, in keeping with good computing practice, the recipient should ensure they are actually virus free. Please note that this message has been sent over public networks which may not be a 100% secure communications