Geert Dekkers on Wed, 20 Feb 2008 23:35:06 +0100 (CET)

<nettime-ann> nznl.com digest, Feb 14, 2008 - Feb 20, 2008

.
nznl.com digest
Feb 14, 2008 - Feb 20, 2008
Posts  2083 - 2089

http://nznl.com
rss http://nznl.com/geert/nznl.xml
macosx only screensaver at http://graphics.nznl.org/nznl_com_screensaver.dmg (>95MB)
gzipped tarball of the complete gallery at http://graphics.nznl.org/nznl_com.tar.gz
weekly at http://graphics.nznl.org/2008-08.mov?673647832432846 (now in par with the current week number)
PLEASE WATCH FULL SCREEN

2083. Feb 14, 2008
STUDY FOR A NARRATIVE, 2011, GALLERY PIECE (WOMANLY LOVE)
flash movie
VICKI: "You have a womanly love..."

(BRUCE, lying on the floor, flat, back flat on the floor, tilts his head up slightly, blinks, looks at VICKI, looks with a shining, green-eyed look..)

(VICKI sees his motion from the corner of her eye, she wasn't looking at BRUCE at the moment she spoke, she wasn't looking, not at anything, she was enveloped, enveloped she was, she might not even have meant BRUCE with what she said, she might have meant some other love, but now...)

VICKI: "Your love is womanly, as if you were a woman."

(BRUCE lets his head fall, softly fall, rolls his head feels the floors' texture on the back of his head, thinks: does this always feel this way? Have I always felt this way?)

VICKI: "You change. As if you were a woman. You change. You think others change. You think you can make others change."
http://nznl.com/index.php?dag=20080214&from=list

2084. Feb 15, 2008
STUDY FOR A NARRATIVE, 2011, GALLERY PIECE (THE LOVING)
flash movie

(BRUCE feels his speech coming, he speaks, he is sure, of course he is sure it is him, he speaks, but still it's as if someone else is speaking, it's not his voice, its' the voice of the man he used to desire, the man he wished to become)
BRUCE: "And the loved one is the object, but it is through the object that is loved. That the loving is done. The loving is more important than the loved."
http://nznl.com/index.php?dag=20080215&from=list

2085. Feb 16, 2008
STUDY FOR A NARRATIVE, 2011, GALLERY PIECE (SENTENCE)
flash movie
http://nznl.com/index.php?dag=20080216&from=list

2086. Feb 17, 2008
STUDY FOR A NARRATIVE, 2011, GALLERY PIECE (WALK IF WALK I CAN)
flash movie

VOICEOVER: "Walk, if walk I can. Walk, and watch. Right side of the shoulder, left side of the face. Darkened against the light. And in my shadow - "
http://nznl.com/index.php?dag=20080217&from=list

2087. Feb 18, 2008
STUDY FOR A NARRATIVE, 2011, GALLERY PIECE (INTERSTITIAL)
flash movie
http://nznl.com/index.php?dag=20080218&from=list

2088. Feb 19, 2008
STUDY FOR A NARRATIVE, 2011, GALLERY PIECE (BIN)
flash movie

When you came to me,  had I not already envisioned your coming, when you came, hadn't we already spoken? I had seen my future, I had seen my future, I have made my future. I have concreted my future. The bin by the wayside, who have not read its story? Before the. Well, as if it were a child. You know, how you name the unborn? Give names? Would he be a "Peter"? Or would she be a "Ruby"? I saw the bin, a simple bin, I saw it by the wayside, and I thought to myself, why, how did that simple object come about? How did it come about? Of course, it was designed, it was designed, drawn. And then, having been drawn, it was spoken about. Debated, Decided. It was written. Sealed. It was. It is, before it is. It is bespoken, it is decided that it should be, before it is. Its coming is its second coming. It exists only in its second coming. In its copy. In the copy of its copy. In its being the copy of itself. In its strange redoubling. Strange. Yes, it is so. I'm sure it is like that.
http://nznl.com/index.php?dag=20080219&from=list

2089. Feb 20, 2008
STUDY FOR A NARRATIVE, 2011, GALLERY PIECE (BLINK)
flash movie
http://nznl.com/index.php?dag=20080220&from=list