nathalie faber on Fri, 13 Oct 2006 23:38:41 +0200 (CEST)

<nettime-ann> Call for DOCONLINE.3 / IDFA (Modified by Geert Lovink)

.
IDFA / CUT-n-PASTE organise DOCS ONLINE programme

In 2000 the International Documentary Festival Amsterdam (IDFA) started a special programme focussing on new practices and changes within the medialandscape according to documentary filmmakers and their audiences.
After 5 years the festival will reanimate this 'DOCS ONLINE' programme and give a platform for the actual 'state of the art' in this area.

What can we say after five years?

Interaction designers and filmmakers DO work together.

Audiences ARE multichannel users to get their information and entertainment.

The development of new media platforms and the growth of devices to be used by a big audience ask for other approaches from the documentary field. While the devices become cheaper and lighter new ideas can lead to other ways of storytelling.

At the coming festival from 23 November - 03 December 2006 DOCSONLINE will focus on this theme by inviting some (film)makers, artists and documentary storytellers, who are inspired by the new means and ways and work in different ways. Authors who use other channels and platforms to tell their stories and who interact with their audiences in different ways.

IDFA makes an appeal to filmmakers and artists to present their work within DOCSONLINE.  We, the editors (Cut-n-Paste) are urgently looking for interesting documentary projects.

DOCSONLINE will focus on the actual 'state of the art' therefore we are NOT looking for ideas to exchange material or collabarate in research and financing, but we ARE interested in strong content in a strong concept, which looks attractive and communicates in a logical, effective way.

There MUST be a project we haven't heard about in the documentary practice which you might have seen which we want to present to a bigger audience.

So, TELL us soon!

SEND your information to Cut-n-Paste: info@cut-n-paste.nl or Adriek van Nieuwenhuyzen (IDFA): adriek@idfa.nl

Research and editors: Carolien Euser and Nathalie Faber (CUT-n-PASTE),