Chris Higgins, Artscape on Thu, 5 Oct 2006 21:36:06 +0200 (CEST)

<nettime-ann> Artscape's National Creative Hub Development Workshop Announced

.

Click here for more information and to download the Registration Form in Word format.

Artscape's CREATIVE HUB DEVELOPMENT WORKSHOP provides hands-on training and practical tools focused on each of the critical phases of development planning and project implementation for multi-tenant centres focused on creative activity.

Lead by top practitioners, participants will be provided with in-depth instruction over 3 days on topics from project planning to capital fundraising, governance models to tenant relations in addition to an on-site tour and presentation of the Ottawa Arts Court facility. The CREATIVE HUB DEVELOPMENT WORKSHOP is applicable to organizations or partnerships who have initiated the planning process for capital projects in their community, including:

  ■ Business Improvement Associations
  ■ Arts & Cultural Organizations
  ■ Government
  ■ Artist Co-operatives
  ■ Downtown Revitalization & Economic Development Corporations
  ■ Community Development Agencies
  ■ Knowledge Institutions

The CREATIVE HUB DEVELOPMENT WORKSHOP focuses on building the capacity of communities to develop and manage dynamic facilities that integrate the arts and creative sectors into their sustainable economic development strategies. Artscape's experienced program faculty is drawn from a network of national and international leaders in a range of disciplines including: cultural facility planning, real estate, urban development, architecture, board governance, construction, community engagement and fundraising.

REGISTRATION: A limited number of registrations will be available, so take the time to register yourself or your group today! The Early Bird Registration Fee is only $230 + GST if you register by October 31, 2006, a discount of 20%. After this date, the Regular Registration Fee of $295 + GST will apply (final registration closes November 10, 2006). Click here for more information and to download the Registration Form in Word format.

CONTACT US: To register today or to get more information on the CREATIVE HUB DEVELOPMENT WORKSHOP, contact Kelly Willson Harvey, Delegate Relations Coordinator at 416-392-1038, x21 or kellywh@torontoartscape.on.ca.

The CREATIVE HUB DEVELOPMENT WORKSHOP is a component of the Creative Clusters Development Program, an intensive organizational development program led by Artscape, Canada's most innovative practitioner in non-profit, creative space development over the last 20 years.

PARTICIPANTS IN THE CREATIVE CLUSTERS DEVELOPMENT PROGRAM HAVE RAVED:

This program resonates not only with the arts community, but with all who are working to make the world a better place.
KEN COULTER, WINDSOR-ESSEX NON PROFIT NETWORK SUPPORT

The information is current, clear and concise; the program staff and invited speakers show a generosity of spirit necessary for learning. There is no other instruction of its kind available.
LINDA BALDUZZI, EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR, OTTAWA ARTS COURT FOUNDATION
The recent workshop exceeded expectations. The calibre of presenters was excellent! The presentations, tours, and materials provided have enabled us to move forward immediately in facilitating the development of creative clusters in our downtown core.
SUSAN THOMPSON, DOWNTOWN VILLAGE DEVELOPMENT CORPORATION, SUDBURY
I cannot express how this conference has inspired me to work towards the recognition of our downtown as the arts and culture centre of Sarnia. I know that the enthusiasm I have expressed when speaking to others about the possibilities that lie ahead for our community has been contagious, and I can't wait to work toward achieving these goals. Bravo to you and your team for the inspirations that you nurture and encourage in communities like ours.
ANN STIRLING, EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR, LAWRENCE HOUSE CENTRE FOR THE ARTS, SARNIA

Artscape gratefully acknowledges the support provided by The Ontario Trillium Foundation,
the Ontario Arts Council, TEDCO and City of Toronto Culture Division.

This email is part of Artscape's regular communication series to colleagues, friends and supporters. Please excuse any duplication. We respect your privacy - your email address will not be shared with outside groups.
To unsubscribe: reply by return email with UNSUBSCRIBE in the subject line.

ABOUT ARTSCAPE
Artscape is a Toronto-based non-profit enterprise that unlocks the creative potential of people and places.
www.torontoartscape.on.ca

This message sent to you by Artscape
You can change your communication preferences.