Masanori Sugiura on Tue, 19 Sep 2006 21:45:04 +0200 (CEST)

<nettime-ann> :aDocumenta: Call for participation

.
***Call for collaboration***

::aDocumenta::, contemporary Asian art documentation project.

aDocumenta<http://www.adocumenta.org> is a documentation project on
contemporary Asian art and artists. It utilizes new documentation mechanism
of wiki <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wiki> like the one used in
wikipedia.org<http://www.wikipedia.org>. It encourages open content and open
editing in the global art era. We are witnessing the rise of contemporary
Asian art and its dynamic development in global art world. Like much of
Asia, much is in transition and it is hard to find accurate and current
information. aDocumenta is an effort to realize organic documentation and
encourage an open collaboration.

By the nature of wiki mechanism, it invites regional documentation and
random discovery enabling grass-root categorizations like folksonomy
<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Folksonomy> as well as open tagging. As
aDocumenta web site utilizes multilingual content machine, this gives its
users better syndication of regional news and updates. Adocumenta provides a
common platform to organize, share, and edit knowledge globally and
organically with regional contexts to anyone who is interested in
contemporary Asian art and beyond.

We seek broad participations as well as regional agents; regional aDocumenta
curators who will plan and curates theme-based editions. aDocumenta
encourages peer-review and open collaboration in accurate documentation and
the GPL Free
Documentation<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Text_of_the_GNU_Free_Do
cumentation_License> We are looking for collaborators and curators to expand
documentations of local and global scenes. You could be art student, artist,
art historian, curator, cultural program organizer, and anybody who are
interested in joining us and collaborate.

Come and join our documentation community and contribute.

Editor, Masanori Sugiura
mailto:contact@adocumenta.org
http://www.adocumenta.org