kristoffer.gansing on Fri, 4 Aug 2006 20:09:01 +0200 (CEST)

<nettime-ann> [Ars Electronica] Electrolobby Workshops

.
Hello,

This is to inform about this year's Ars Electronica Festival. As part
of the festival, we will conduct a series of FREE workshops on open
source technologies.

Please read the following information,

David Cuartielles
Ars Electronica 2006, Curator Electrolobby

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

The Electrolobby 2006 is proud to present a selection of workshops that
will run in parallel during the Ars Electronica Festival. We will count
with a selection of three very promising projects that make use of
different open source/hardware platforms.

The workshops are open for anyone to participate. However there are 10
seats per workshop for those interested in coming to learn about the
technology directly from their creators. E-lobby offers a total of 30
workshop places. These include:

- NO FEE; workshops are for free, you may need to purchase some
materials, though

- FREE ACCOMMODATION; Ars Electronica has arranged a dormitory with 30
beds for the participants to stay in Linz during the festival

- FESTIVAL PASS; this will allow you to wander around the different
areas of the festival, enter to lectures in the symposium, visit events,
etc

On the side of the 30 official workshop participants, we will count
with extra workshop spaces for those people registered in the festival
willing to learn about Python, OpenFrameWorks, or Arduino. In any case
you should inform us about your intentions to join the workshops, we
will offer 10 extra workspaces per workshop!!

How to Apply
----------------
Workshops are open to anyone with the interest to participate. The
application for workshops should be made over email sending the form
avaliable at the official electrlobby's website: www.electrolobby.org.

The ultimate deadline for applying is August 5th, Saturday, 23:59. The
selected participants will be announced on the web August 7th, Monday,
11:59. Send us your form to workshops@electrolobby.org

Note that NO PREVIOUS EXPERIENCE is required for any of the workshops.
You don't need to be a programmer or you don't need to never ever had
played around with electronics. We will however consider those
applicants whose profile includes some experience in performing arts. It
is our aim to use two different local venues during the festival for
introducing the workshop participant's live performance acts to an
international audience. If you are an electroacoustic musician, or a VJ
(among others), you may consider joining the workshops for gaining the
experience on how to bring some funky ideas to reality. Let's make the
Electrolobby's workshops the place to make that happen!

www.electrolobby.org
workshops@electrolobby.org