GIFFARD Alain on Thu, 12 Jan 2006 16:50:34 +0100 (CET)

<nettime-ann> [event] [france] Presentation of the book "New medias..." in Paris and Marseille

.

The book "Nouveaux medias, nouveaux languages, nouvelles écritures" (New
medias, new languages, new writings) will be presentated:

- in Marseille, the 11 January (Friche de la Belle de Mai, 18 h 30) by
Jean
Cristofol, Douglas Stanley, Colette Tron, Emmanuel Vergès and Christophe
Bara,

- in Paris, the 23 January (Centre National des Lettres, 18 h 30) by
Alain
Giffard, Michel Simonot, Colette Tron, Emmanuel Vergès and Christophe
Bara.

I shall be at the parisian presentation for having contributed to this
book
with an essay untitled "Idea of the reader".

In this essay, I try to establish what we may define as a digital
reading,
by a sort of actualization of the classic functionalities of reading.
Then I
propose to institute a new right: "Right of the reader". At last four
moves
are pointed: from text to reading, from reading to reader, from reader
readers, from readers to the new cultural subjectivities.

The text presents or discusses the theories or points of view of Michel
Foucault ("Technologies of the self"), and also Pamela Samuelson and
Richard
Stallman ("Le droit de lire", The right to read).

More in french about the book:
http://www.zinclafriche.org/detail.php?ID=71

For some browsing in the book:
http://www.lekti-ecriture.com/editeurs/Nouveaux-medias-nouveaux-langages.htm