c6 on Wed, 30 Nov 2005 13:02:32 +0100 (CET)

<nettime-ann> [event] DiY Survival Launch in New York

DiY survival is a compilation of cutting edge strategies, and techniques,
that deliver a wide range of practices, actions, and issues concerning
DiY art, media subversion and the sabotage of cultural markets.

Meet contributors to the book at Blue stockings on the 10th of December
at 7pm

Bluestockings is located in the Lower East Side of Manhattan at 172 Allen
Street between Stanton and Rivington - which means that we are 1 block
south of Houston and 1st Avenue.

Presentations by:

Leon www.C6.org an introduction to the book.
C6 create subversive participatory art in multiple arenas, linking the
street, web & gallery by using various systems and channels. C6 a brand
of Interactive Conceptual Marketing.

Ricardo Miranda Zun1iga www.ambriente.com

In his art work, themes from urbanization and immigration are
investigated through the lens of economics. These realities formulate not
only the world we live in, but also more importantly the lives we lead.

Eric Doeringer   www.ericdoeringer.com

Much of the art of Eric Doeringer has to do with subverting the
traditional role of the artwork.  He has tattooed copies of his moles
onto other people's bodies and Bootlegs modern masters. His work forces a
constant reevaluation of authenticity.

Kanarinka & Pirun from The Institute of Infinitely Small Things
www.infinitelysmallthings.net

The only way to fundamentally alter our world is via the discovery and
creation of infinitely small things. Before radical shifts there are
infinitely small things that have led to miniature reconsiderations. The
Institute document and create on this micropath to revolution.

DiY SURVIVAL (There is no Subculture, only Subversion)

A little about the book,

Ever wanted to stop the mobile phone conversations beside you? Set up
your own TV station? Or fund your art without institutional aid? Now you
have the chance!

DiY SURVIVAL delivers a mix of Theory, documentary and practical info, in
order to disseminate practical knowledge and promote collective
collaboration.

www.c6.org/soldout/diy_survival.html

-The Bluestockings Collective

Mission Statement
Bluestockings is a radical bookstore, fair trade cafe, and activist
center in the Lower East Side of Manhattan. Through words, art, food,
activism, education, and community, we strive to create a space that
welcomes and empowers all people. We actively support movements that
challenge hierarchy and all systems of oppression, including but not
limited to patriarchy, heterosexism, the gender binary, white supremacy
and classism, within society as well as our own movements. We seek to
make our space and resources available to such movements for meetings,
events, and research. Additionally, we offer educational programming that
promotes centered, strategic, and visionary thinking, towards the
realization of a society that is infinitely creative, truly democratic,
equitable, ecological, and free.

Directions:

By train: F train to 2nd Ave, exit at the 1st Ave, and walk one block
south.

By car: If you take the Houston exit off of the FDR, then turn left onto
Essex (aka Avenue A), then right on Rivington, and finally right on
Allen, you will be very, very close.