okno on Wed, 5 Oct 2005 11:20:23 +0200 (CEST)

<nettime-ann> [event] code31-meeting sat.8/10

-----------------------------------------------------------------------=
--------
Announcement :: Code31 meeting
--------------------------------=

!!    Third meeting =
next saturday 8th of October
       starts at 14.00 until 21something =
CET
       at nadine.be - herderstraat 30 rue du berger - elsene

------=
------------------------------------------------------------------------=
-

[ Special invite : elpueblodechina / sonia cillari : Wooing Disruption ]

   -- Our body doesn't end at our skin.
      There is just the illusion of boundary
      between our insides and the outside.  --

    In this performance Sonia Cillari and elpueblodechina will present
their
    work on emotional structures which are actualizations of inner
spaces, and
    whose skins are referring specifically to a certain dynamism of
language.
    This is related to body and gesture, operating signs that surpass
the
    individual recollection, and exchange between subjectivities which
are
    influencing and transforming each other.

    A performance -- =
following a score made out of gestures and
    interferences, while looking for ways to amplify synchronization and
    disruption.

talk(afternoon)/performance(evening / starting at about 20h)

http://www.elpueblodechina.org
    http://www.iua.upf.es/~scillari/

---
---
short resume of some activities:

[ ADC ] -- analog to digital conversion primer --
    we'll setup a 16 channel lightsensor and hook it
    up to puredata - interfacing soundsynthesis and
    triggering recorded sample playback.

[darwin streaming server]
    We continue working on the setup of our own streaming server, which
    still needs lots of testing ! We'll explain how far we got last
meeting.
    We'll setup different configurations & try plenty -- this means we
need ppl =
to do the job from
    home too ::
        so if you can't come over - at least you can make yourself useful
connecting :-)
        irc to freenode.net -- channel #code31 during meeting hours

[EF4DB]
    as always there will be food (vegan) from 18.00 for people attending
the meeting,
    please drop an email if you're coming over / so we know how many of
you to expect :

mailto:ef4db@code31.lahaag.org?subject=3Dc0de31_food8thOct

[...]

bring your own treats for shared pleasure

------
general info / next meetings:

    22nd of Oct; 5th of Nov; 19th of Nov; 3rd of Dec; 17th =
of Dec;
    (always saturday-afternoon - every two weeks):

Code31 organizes a special series of meetings --
related to the XmedK workshops organized by nadine, foam and okno.

Everyone interested can find a two-weekly meeting place :
we' ll do a follow up of research and developments, initiated
during the workshops, inviting artists/coders/engineers for
greater know-how (and devotion :-)

True to our principles - we'll give everyone a chance to present
their work during a "Proof of concept" session, discuss your
idea's on installations - to a public of artists/tech/DIY -
so you will find a place to question/listen/talk/solve your work
in progress.

more about XmedK http://www.nadine.be/xmedk

XmedK workshops topics & dates are :
speech synthesis (17th-21th Oct), algorithmic art (7-11 Nov), food
(12-17th of Dec) (25th-31 Oct)
http://okno.be/en/meeting/voice-xmed2005.html
http://okno.be/en/meeting/algorithms-xmed2005.html

if you are interested, but can't be there check our chat (freenode.net /
channel #code31)
or our website (http://code31.lahaag.org) for stream(s).

------