mp via nettime-l on Fri, 19 Apr 2024 00:10:04 +0200 (CEST)

Re: <nettime> Swipe, a Smart Phone Movie by Mieke Gerritzen/Next Nature

I think there is a nature/culture spectrum. If we are to play with words.

Though, it seems to me, when using words and "arguments" one moves "away" from "nature" and deeper into culture. Some sort of psychotic?, self-absorbed looping.

I'd rather look for nature in a trance state - stripping away as much socio-cultural stuff as possible.

For what it is worth, however, Eric Chaisson in his "cosmic evolution" astrophysics speaks of humans as the eyes of the universe looking back at itself. After all that expansion from a big bad bang, here we are, looking at ourselves as part and parcel of it all. Then what?

I guess, for me, the idea of nature and "our" role and position in the world, as a reflection, becomes about responsibility: shaking off the shackles of oppression and getting down to, say, permaculture business and other arts of not being governed.

At any rate, biomimicry sounds better than mimetic desire. Go for it.

In conclusion:

"...Burn the books they´ve got too many names and psychoses..", as the great Alanis Morissette sang in 1998.