podinski via nettime-l on Sun, 31 Dec 2023 15:11:13 +0100 (CET)

Re: <nettime> the silence on the rising fascism

Hi all,

So many things to respond to on this thread now...

And we had started a long response several days ago to the critique re:
"the silence of " framing...

But that seems too irrelevant to go back to now.

Nevertheless we ( XLt ) would like to very briefly clarify that our orig
post had much less to do with "berating" readers on lists, rather we
wish to inspire people to collectively cut through the kind of
silence/noise ( via Siraj ) that gets created by those systems of power
that attempt to control the narratives... i.e. mass media bombardment (
and net manipulations + filters ) that stir up everybody's emotions, and
then effectively polarizes, distracts and evades the most pressing issues.

( of Solidarity )

And we would really like to stay as focused as possible on amplifying
those voices which are brilliantly cutting through the oppressive
environments and bullshit narratives.

This online discussion - from Dec 16 - between Sarah Grossman ( UC
Berkeley), Naomi Klein and Beth Miller ( JVP ) was part of Oyoun's 3-day
incredible program Threads of Resilience. The archive of the stream
"Israel, Palestine, Germany and the Doppelgänger Effect" - was just made
a couple days ago:

https://youtu.be/G2kPYkr7tDw?si=HKHSDju6g6TQs76W
<https://youtu.be/G2kPYkr7tDw?si=HKHSDju6g6TQs76W>

( while it IS up on the Goo/Youtube, it does NOT reach the kind of
audience it deserves, so please share it widely ).

We just returned from 37c3 - chaos congress, and wish we could have
presented this for the much-needed discussions. But only discovered the
archive yesterday.

As you will see from these speakers' analysis above, the
Israel/Palestine disaster series / reruns ARE very much an ongoing
European ( and American ) settler-colonial problem !

Klein even describes it in some kind of dramatic Philip K. Dick social
sci-fi twist, that it is As IF World War 2 never ended ( i.e like the
intrigues of The High Castle , or as PKD wrote in Valis and Exegesis
that "the roman empire never ended  ). A very viable take on the matter !

And really important to understand how deeply entangled and complicit
Germany is in these unfolding t/errors !

Are these looping disasters we could avert if properly made visible in
the liberated public spheres !?

SAVE THE OYOUN !

It seems, we are in for a never-ending shitstorm without these kinds of
cultural spaces to "share the light and the insights coming through the
cracks" !

It would have been a prime topic, but 37c3 was also sadly silent or
oblivious to these facets of rising (neo-)fascism ( also in the new
forms of techno-colonialism ) !

We are working on an article to try and illuminate how much this
understanding of historical events and memory culture and unfolding
wars, all relate to the work required to navigate the dilemmas produced
by a disembodying cybernetic regime.

all for now,

The XLt ( Radar )